Are you a highly motivated individual with a passion for innovation?
Are you seeking a role that will continue to challenge you in a company committed to championing your growth?
Prysmian Group is the world leader in the energy and telecom cable systems industry.Spanning 50 countries, 112 plants, 25 research and development centers, and employing over 30,000 associates, we have a strategic footprint that allows us to service emerging markets and communities across the globe with ease. PrysmianGroup is presently on a full integration path with General Cable. This growth is only the beginning. We are presently looking for top talent to join our team during this exciting time.
To lead the identification and implementation of process changes that are centered on continuous improvement to achieve significant impact to the business. There is a heavy emphasis of lean manufacturing and active participation in daily lean management. The individual must have a proven record of improving productivity, on time delivery, quality and scrap.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides strategic leadership in identifying business strengths and opportunities for improvement in all areas of the organization.
- Assists in establishing and setting specific business objectives centered on process improvement, and in selecting projects, characterizing projects and estimating financial impact of projects.
- Leads in the selection of strategic multi-functional projects to support business needs as assigned.
- Works effectively with all levels of employees.
- Applies Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Standardized Work, Poke-Yoke, Jidoka, Just-In-Time, Flow, 6S, Visual Management, and Kaizen where needed
- Trains and mentors project teams on proper use of methodologies and tools.
- Drives cultural change promoting:
- Optimized processes to ensure flow
- Identification and elimination of waste
- Employee empowerment
- Creates and manages Lean Project Tracking
- Communicates Lean progress
- Creates alliances and collaborates Lean practices
- Develops and maintains Best Practice Sharing forum
- Works to ensure the strategic integration of Operational Excellence in manufacturing, business processes, and in new product development
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred with 4 plus years of related experience.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Excellent PC skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of SAP desired
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and planning skills.
- Interactions with 3 shifts occasionally required.
- Travel to regional warehouse occasionally required.
The major responsibilities cover the most significant duties but do not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the normal duties assigned to this job.
Prysmian Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.