What you do at AMD changes everythingAt AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The goal of AMD CAD is to determine a set of best practices and techniques for designing chips with the highest performance, lowest cost, lowest power usage, etc. AMD CAD will then automate these best practices into a software design flow for efficiency and consistency and work with various design teams to properly put the software to use in constructing next-generation GPUs, CPUs and APUs with industry-standard EDA software tools such as Synopsys IC Compiler II and Primetime.
Developing and maintaining world-class hardware design flow in fast-paced production environment on the very edge of modern technology.
Developing new flow features around new EDA tools and tool capabilities.
Conducting evaluations of tool quality, tuning the flow to get optimal results from existing tools and supporting the place and route flow.
Deploying flows to design teams, working with design teams to help them take full advantage of the flow.
Mentoring junior engineers, building their skill set to increase team productivity.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 10 years Physical Design/CAD experience or Masters degree and 8 years experience
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent UNIX and scripting programming skills (Perl, Python and/or TCL)
- Strong understanding of digital circuits
- Experience with flow automation
- Expert knowledge of at least one EDA place & route tool (Cadence Innovus, Synopsys IC Compiler II, Mentor Nitro, Avatar-DA Aprisa)
- Experience with version control software (e.g. perforce, git)
- Highly motivated, self-starter with good interpersonal skills
Requisition Number: 75445
Country: India State: Telangana City: Hyderabad
Job Function: [[customString7]]