What you do at AMD changes everythingAt AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
About the Position:The AMD IP Hardware Systems Engineering Team is on the lookout for a dynamic, energetic IP Systems Engineer to join our growing team. As a key contributor to the success of AMD’s IP, you will be part of a leading team to drive and enhance AMD’s abilities to deliver the highest quality, industry leading technologies to market. The IP Systems Engineering team fosters and encourages continuous technical innovation to showcase successes as well as facilitate continuous career development.
Key Responsibilities:As Systems Engineer, you will drive the planning, verification, and debug of various hardware IP for forthcoming AMD APU and Discrete Graphics SOC programs.
- Defining and executing the overall functional test plan and verification strategy for a set of AMD IP
- Driving technical innovation to enhance AMD’s capabilities in IP validation/verification, including tool and script development, technical and procedural methodology enhancement, and various internal and cross-functional technical initiatives.
- Debug of IP issues found during pre-silicon, bringup, validation, and production phases of SOC programs
- Working closely with supporting teams in design, diagnostics, emulation, firmware, and driver to ensure readiness for first silicon arrival, enablement of IP functionality, and debug of critical features.
- Engaging on pre-silicon verification efforts, including but not limited to FPGA-based emulation, Design Verification (DV), and other software/hardware modeling frameworks.
- Leading collaborative technical discussions to drive resolution on technical issues and roll out technical initiatives
- Developing knowledge of system architecture/debug and other IP’s
- Supporting issues on customer platforms as requested by customer support teams
Skills and Experience:
- 2 to 10 years experience in digital logic/platform design, verification, or post-silicon verification.
- Strong programming/scripting skills (eg. C/C++, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Extensive experience with ASIC debug techniques and methodologies
- RAS knowledge is a plus
- Extensive experience with common lab equipment, including protocol/logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Extensive experience with board/platform-level debug, including clock/power delivery, sequencing, analysis, and optimization
- Extensive knowledge of physical and protocol levels of common high speed interfaces an asset
- In-depth knowledge of PC architectures an asset
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must excel in a dynamic team working environment
- Leadership and mentoring skills a definite asset
- Must be a self starter and be able to independently drive tasks to completion
- Ability to be flexible in terms of responsibilities
Requisition Number: 75407
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function: [[customString7]]AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact .
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.