What you do at AMD changes everythingAt AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Graphics Software QA team is looking for a Software engineer. The ideal candidate would be detail-oriented, enthusiastic and passionate about Software Quality and Test Automation.
- Design and Develop automated tests compatible with the internal test framework.
- Enhance / Update / Debug test related code, libraries efficiently.
- Provide estimates to specify, design, implement a proposed enhancement.
- Participate in requirements and design engineering; participate in the preparation & review of systems & software requirements specifications and design descriptions.
- Resolve problem reports concerning issues with a graphics device driver including troubleshooting, debugging, & defect correction.
- Communicate with other departments within the company.
- Coordinate closely with peers & seniors to ensure timely and effective communication of all assigned work activities.
- Participate in peer reviews of product and work products
- Delivery of results in own area and interdependencies of related areas.
- Work on and prioritize a number of active concurrent tasks.
- Familiar with Test Automation and Test development tools.
- Familiar with scripting languages such as Python, VB Script, Perl, Ruby, Shell scripting.
- Familiar with Object-oriented design & programming with C++, C#, and Java.
- Good understanding of PC architecture.
- High motivation & initiative under moderate supervision.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering with 1-2 years of work experience or MS in CS/EE.
#LI-MT1Requisition Number: 75448
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function: [[customString7]]AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact .
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.