Date Posted: 2019-08-21-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: UT3: Newington/Meriden 25 Holly Drive, Newington, CT, 06111 USA
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and Collins Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. Collins Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally.
Architect, Digital Workplace ProductivityThe focus of this role is working within the UTC Infrastructure Services team designing and developing our implementation of Office 365. The Architect is responsible for high level hands on work including architectural design and will be heavily involved in all aspects of engineering including designing, building, and executing business solutions.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for architectural design, drawings, diagrams, and documentation and will also help on engineering, coding, and testing of work
- Production of technical diagrams related to past and current state leading to future state roadmaps
- The Architect will be expected to work closely with the team in IT infrastructure, and may collaborate with other business units as necessary
- This position is responsible for architecting solutions to ensure business initiatives are achieved
- Individidual should be a self starter who can be effective working across multiple stakeholder groups
- Will provide expert guidance for addressing current issues while also considering future state needs
- Individual needs to have strong influencing skills to bring teams along the journey
- Demonstrated experience with implementing, managing evaluating infrastructure technology, technical roadmaps required
- Forensic analysis, problem solving and analytical abilities including the ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, deconstruct high-level information into details and apply sound business knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, as well as work collaboratively with teams, some of which may be geographically distributed
- Initiative and ability to quickly acquire knowledge
- Proven ability to apply basic project management principles
- Candidate should have 10 years of prior relevant experience or an advanced degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience. In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required
Required Status:US Citizen or US Person required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.