Hillingdon, United Kingdom Req #: 1902793
Location: Hillingdon, United Kingdom
Job Category: Medical
Work Location: 1 Longwalk Road UB11 1DB
Organization: Medical Operations
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
Purpose:Under the direction of the Associate Director of Medical Affairs Cellular Therapy, you are responsible for leading, tactically developing and delivering a full range of Medical Affairs activities undertaken in the UK & Ireland affiliate.
As the successful candidate, you will have already gained a strong working knowledge and demonstrated track record working in Medical Affairs. You will be able to provide examples of best medical practices & coach others where required. You will demonstrate the ability to take responsibility for delivering key medical affairs activities; including but not be limited to running advisory boards, producing medical materials, delivering training, scientific symposia, publication work, maintaining a network of medical thought leaders and taking a leading collaborative role in delivering health technology assessment submissions. In addition, it is essential that you have a proven track record as a final medical signatory within the pharmaceutical industry.
You will be medical practitioner or pharmacist registered in the UK, ideally with relevant therapeutic area experience in haematology or oncology. You will be looking to expand your current industry experience in a Senior Medical Affairs role working in the exciting and evolving field of cellular therapies.
You will provide technical/scientific consultation to both the medical, market access and commercial teams, ensuring accuracy and compliance with the Celgene standards and UK / Ireland rules and regulations. You will have a have a strong scientific / medical background and be able to converse all levels.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Associate Director Medical Affairs Cellular Therapy in developing and implementing Medical Affairs’ initiatives to support the needs of the affiliate including but not limited to:
- Organisation and running of medical education meetings
- Running advisory boards
- Collection & analysis of real-world evidence (where required)
- Publication review & delivery
- Medical training and clinical updates
- Develop & deliver HTA submissions working in partnership with market access colleagues
- Develop and maintain excellent thought leader relationships in conjunction with broader franchise team
- Work collaboratively and provides scientific support to Marketing, Regulatory, Market Access, Pharmacovigilance & the wider Disease Team.
- An active member in the UK & Ireland Cellular Therapy disease team able to:
- Take accountability for the development, oversight and execution of the strategic medical plan in partnership with the Associate Director Medical Affairs Cellular Therapy
- Provide medical input into strategic positioning, differentiation and key marketing messages for brands
- Work in partnership with Marketing to develop high quality briefing, promotional and core claim materials
- Contribute & provide input into strategic (3 year) and operational (1 year) plans
- Able to coach others based on existing experience & share best practice
- Supports Medical Information enquiry handling process and advise on medical safety or clinical issues as required
- Able to apply good working knowledge of ABPI/IPHA Codes of Practice and Celgene Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and can advise on compliance issues and review promotional materials and activities to ensure compliance with ABPI Code of Practice regulations
- Ensure compliance with SOPs, GCP, GMP and ICH as well as legal and ethical standards
- Provide strategic input into the development and execution of clinical trials, IIT activities and publication plans
- Ensure adverse events and pregnancy reports are duly processed in line with company procedures and assist in assessment of adverse event reports originating in the UK and Ireland for completeness, consistency and reporting requirements
- Regularly review clinical articles relating to therapeutic area and attend update events such as scientific meetings, conferences/symposia to maintain therapy area knowledge ensuring good quality feedback to relevant colleagues
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Medically qualified GMC registered Physician or Pharmacist with UK registration
- Demonstrable Medical Affairs / Final signatory experience and track record
- Ideally relevant therapeutic area experience in haematology or oncology
- If a Healthcare professional , prior clinical experience, preferably within the NHS
- Organisational, problem solving & collaborate cross functional working skills
- Customer focus & timely results orientation approach
- The ability to communicate complex and challenging issues and data to wide range of professional and lay audiences, adapting message and style to suit
- Strong identification with Celgene’s values
- Excellent interpersonal & team working skills
- Project and time management skills
- IT aptitude
- Sociable, confident and outgoing
About UsCOMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients."
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.