New York, NY, US, 10018
Requisition ID: 113368
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Supporting over 4,500 retail stores in North America, a career in our retail headquarters allows us to stay in touch with the end customer and use their ever-changing behaviors and preferences to shape our offerings of the best eyewear and services.
GENERAL FUNCTIONThe Trend Manager is responsible for identifying market trends based on industry and fashion direction and provides strategic insight on trends impacting Luxottica’s business objectives
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors, analyzes and forecasts consumer trends with regard to product/brand trends.
- Keep a constant pulse on weak signals of trends developing in fashion, and other peripheral industries & identify the right timing and actions to take against the opportunities.
- Manages communication on latest market trend information and confirmation of already forecasted trends for the North American and Global market to Design, Product and Marketing teams through design-driven presentations complete with recommended actions.
- Liaises closely with Design and Product Development to curate trends identified through supplier relationships, events, peripheral industries, etc.
- Customizes research and applies trends for House and License brands.
- Creates cross-functional partnerships in order to work across functions.
- Maintains intimate understanding of the House/License brands and our core consumer.
- Attends U.S. and international trades shows.
- BA/BS/BFA in Marketing, Design or Social Sciences (Psychology, History, Political Science, etc.) from an accredited institution.
- 5 years’ experience in trends/market research, consumer/fashion goods/retail industry.
- A strong knowledge of fashion history and trends with the ability to track and monitor micro and macro trends.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Strong project management skills; demonstrated initiative to deliver results in a self-directed environment; initiates process improvements.
- Ability to identify and interpret fashion trends, demonstrated understanding of market demands, product life cycle, and competitive market.
- Demonstrated analytical and mathematical skills; accuracy with regard to numbers and data and ability to extract solutions from available data
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally regularly.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to effectively create and manage processes.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Strong analytical aptitude and computing skills.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Experience or working knowledge and/or education in Industrial/Product Design highly desirable.
- Eyewear industry experience a plus.
- Exposure to Italian/and or European culture would be a plus.
- Basic DSLR photography skills.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact Talent Luxottica at 877-589-8253 (513-765-2256 outside of US) or email TalentLuxottica@luxotticaretail.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Manager, Marketing Manager, Market Research, PLM, Management, Marketing