McDonough, GA, US, 30253
Requisition ID: 120041
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands; Ray-ban, Oakley and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; Lenscrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
To support our global business, Luxottica operates multiple manufacturing and logistics facilities across North America to support our retail stores and wholesale customers.
GENERAL FUNCTION The Transportation Manager North America plays an integral role in Luxottica's on-going supply chain transformation, owning responsibility for domestic transportation operations for Luxottica Retail North America (LRNA), Wholesale and Oakley. The Transportation Manager ensures timely and accurate delivery of imported and domestically sourced products to North American manufacturing and distribution facilities and direct to retail stores, wholesale customers and direct to consumers (e-commerce).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Focuses on the effective and efficient transportation of goods to internal and external customers.
- Supports functional areas of customer delivery, transportation planning, sourcing and freight audit & payment.
- Ensures network LSP’s meet the economic, environmental and service goals of the company.
- Meets and/or exceeds the committed service levels to all key stakeholders, both internal (distribution centers, labs, brands) and external (customers).
- Supports transportation invoice payment processes and cost allocation tracking that provides visibility to the overall efficiency of the organization and reduces costs.
- Assists the distribution centers with shipping problems, particularly with outbound domestic shipments in the U.S. and Canada.
- Performs rate analysis to determine cost saving initiatives.
- Assists Logistics Finance and Accounting with variance analysis and budget development.
- Implements transportation contract, schedule and policy changes for North America.
- Directs investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints or cargo claims.
- Assists Logistics Finance and Accounting with three-year strategic plan and budget development.
- Implements carrier/LSP contract, schedule and spend allocation changes for North America.
- Manages yearly cost reduction initiatives and maintains budget project tracker.
- Conducts annual performance review process for direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Logistics, supply chain or business administration
- 5+ years in Logistics, transportation and/or Supply Chain operations
- Experience in managing high volume small parcel spend
- Distribution Center Operations experience to understand basic shipping requirements and capabilities
- Some global logistics knowledge and experience
- Prior exerpeince in SAP environment
- Basic knowledge of SAP DWM, TM or Manhattan Associates WMS
- Advanced Transportation operations and customer experiences
- Proficient in MS Office suite of software (Excel, Word, and PP)
- Solid understanding of the Transportation industry, benchmarks, and best practices
- Excellent supplier relationship management and negotiations skills
- Basic knowledge of contractual structures and agreements
- Basic understanding of transportation budgets and financial metrics
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Basic knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements for Transportation
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact Talent Luxottica at 877-589-8253 (513-765-2256 outside of US) or email TalentLuxottica@luxotticaretail.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Supply Chain Manager, Manager, Logistics, Supply, Supply Chain, Operations, Management