Are you a highly motivated individual with a passion for innovation?
Are you seeking a role that will continue to challenge you in a company committed to championing your growth?
Prysmian Group is the world leader in the energy and telecom cable systems industry. Spanning 50 countries, 112 plants, 25 research and development centers, and employing over 30,000 associates, we have a strategic footprint that allows us to service emerging markets and communities across the globe with ease. Prysmian Group is presently on a full integration path with General Cable. This growth is only the beginning. We are presently looking for top talent to join our team during this exciting time.
WE’RE LINKING THE WORLD WITH THE FUTURE OF CABLE TECHNOLOGY
Product Development Engineer
Location LEXINGTON SC
We are Prysmian Group, leader in anticipating the world’s energy and communications needs. From energy and connectivity, to communications, we make life better for millions of people. We strongly believe our people are our most asset, that is why we ensure constant investments ensuring our organizational needs match individual skills, capabilities and expectations.
Last June 2018 Prysmian Group and General Cable have become One Company. Leveraging on our combined strengths and values, our goal is to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers and stakeholders. Prysmian Group and General Cable: moving through the Integration at full power.
Product Development Engineer
Lead the development of new products according to the Product Roadmap which includes developing the project plan, defining the cable design, defining and issuing purchase requisitions for the tooling/equipment needed to make qualification cables, issuing test requests to the quality lab for testing qualification cables, leading the corrective action/design modifications to address test failures to order to achieve a new product meeting required specifications, supporting the pilot products and industrialization of the new product, working with operations and engineering.
- take ownership of leading the product development project, getting support from resources in a very fast paced environment.
- creative in finding solutions to both technical problems and logistical problems and be willing to push for support needed for project in an aggressive and positive way.
- Ability to use good problem-solving skills and use other resources to perform testing and get specific knowledge needed to solve problems
- You will take products from initial concept, through development, qualification and transfer into production.
- You are encouraged to file for US Patents
- BS Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Material Engineering or Physics (MS degree a bonus)
- First principle problem solving skills
- Preferred 2-6 year of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in hands on problem solving
- Organizational skills to identify a list of tasks needed to reach a goal
- Results focused and motivated by results
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to work with other groups to get support
Prysmian Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.