Job ID 00000147592Date posted 09/20/2019Location Huntsville, AlabamaCompany The Boeing Company
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Huntsville Electromagnetic Effects Group is seeking experienced electromagnetic effects engineer. The candidate will mentor and coach lesser experience engineers providing knowledge transfer to aid in growing our next generation of engineers. The candidate will provide engineering and technical decisions for Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD). Main area of focus will be Electromagnetic Environment Effects (E3) analysis and testing, assessment of E3 conditions and Survivability assessments at all GMD operational sites. Assignments will provide an excellent opportunity to learn aircraft electromagnetics effect on the various platforms.
Other job responsibilities may include
- Develops and validates requirements for various communication, sensor, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components.
- Develops and validates electromagnetic requirements for electrical\electronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures.
- Develops architectures to integrate systems and components into higher level systems and platforms.
- Performs trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements.
- Defines and conducts tests to validate performance of designs to requirements.
- Manages appropriate aspects of supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle by developing root-cause analysis of anomalies and other engineering support as requested.
- Supports project management by providing work statement, budget, schedule and other required inputs and by reporting project status.
- Writes appropriate sections of proposals to support development of new business.
- Works under general mentorship.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry required.
- 9 or more years' related work experience required
- This position requires that you work out of Huntsville, AL.
- Must possess good organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Must have demonstrated a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing assigned work with a history of meeting commitments.
- Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events.
- Highly motivated and must work well in a team environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- ABET accreditation is the preferred
- Previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Previous experience in Electrical Effects
Typical Education/Experience:Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+1 years' related work experience, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation:This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Experience LevelIndividual Contributor
Contingent Upon Program AwardNo, this position is not contingent upon program award
Job Code6B1EI3 (62Q)
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.