Date Posted: 2019-08-29-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HND01: Interiors (Cargo) - Jamestown 2604 Highway 20 North, Jamestown, ND, 58401 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Want to gain experience designing and executing test solutions for a variety of different mechanical, electro-mechanical, and electronic aerospace products? If so this may be the opportunity that you have been looking for. As a Test Engineer Co-Op you will be a member of teams supporting the development of components and systems used on aircraft worldwide. Here you will be given hardware and/or software tasks developing and performing product tests for a variety of Collins Aerospace products. If you don’t want to be limited to only hardware or software engineering this position is for you, as knowledge of both are essential to this position. Collins Aerospace takes pride in developing great talent so each new hire will be assigned a mentor to help support learning and development.
The primary responsibility for this position is to assist test engineers in developing and validating aerospace cargo handling equipment including structural and mechanical components, electro-mechanical components, and electronics. The test engineer co-op who fills this position will develop strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills using equipment that may include but are not limited by the following test equipment: Digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, power supplies, dynamotors, and electronic loads. This position could also require use of equipment to support structural, thermal, humidity, fluids and vibration test requirements. Test fixture design and fabrication requiring light machining or additive manufacturing methods may also be utilized.
Other responsibilities and job requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- Collects data and performs standard analysis of data, identifying findings as appropriate.
- Provides technical support to engineers on a variety of tasks.
- Plans and executes experiments and gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes to support engineering disciplines.
- Design of tests and necessary equipment
- Produces drawings, reports and engineering documentation.
- Performs research and engineering laboratory functions involving the layout, building, testing, troubleshooting, repairing and modification or mechanical, electronic or electro-mechanical devices, assemblies, subsystems, and systems.
- Prepare and present project / technical information to peers, internal management and customers.
- Highly motivated and possess effective oral/written communication and interpersonal/team skills.
- Ability to reverse engineer existing equipment (i.e. documenting something that is already built)
- Ability or desire to create software programs
- Knowledge of Labview, TestStand, IDEC SmartRelay is a plus.
- Must be able to read electronic schematics.
- Be comfortable using tools and equipment in a hands on lab environment
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's degree in a relevant STEM discipline
- US Citizenship is required.
Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.