McDonough, GA, US, 30253
Requisition ID: 125036
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands; Ray-ban, Oakley and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; Lenscrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
To support our global business, Luxottica operates multiple manufacturing and logistics facilities across North America to support our retail stores and wholesale customers.
GENERAL FUNCTIONThe Manager Training works closely with Human Resources team, Logistics and RxO business leaders, and EH&S leadership to develop an execution plan based on business priorities and strategies articulated by the business and/or Sr Director, Human Resources. The position will support the development of training program content to achieve business objectives.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the development of short and long-term training plans and provides leadership and support to make sure training objectives are met.
- Reviews existing training programs; suggests enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, & retention and/or to meet the changing business needs
- Develops a training plan including specific training goals for each area, assessing and evaluating progress against the plan and training effectiveness in all areas
- Ensures that training materials and programs are current, accurate, and effective.
- Reviews and provides monthly update on results by campus tied to training plan KPIs
- Maintains knowledge of new methods and techniques for training, and training requirements applicable to the organization and/or industry.
- Identifies problems and opportunities such as leadership development opportunities or industry developments that training could improve.
- Conducts or facilitates required and recommended training sessions.
- Support the planning, execution and tracking of Safety training
- Monitor and support the On-boarding and new hire training for all parts of the business
- Providing support to the plant staff and operations management in maintaining a consistent method of evaluating job performance and training program effectiveness, developing qualification tools and in maintaining proper training documentation.
- Collaborates with vendors and third-party training providers as need to provide the level of expertise needed for the various topics.
- Ensures training milestones & goals are met while adhering to approved training budget.
- Prepares and implements training budget.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in training development & curriculum design
- 5+ years project management experience or equivalent
- Clear communications, both written and verbal
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to exercise sound judgement
- Ability to maintain an enthusiastic attitude
- Proficiency of Windows software (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to present content in a clear/concise manner
- Strong critical thinking and organizational skills
- Advanced skills in Proficiency of Windows software (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience leading people through influence
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com (be sure to provide your name and contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Training, Manager, Operations, Management