Intern, Human Resources-(192039)
Edelman is seeking a Human Resources Intern for our Dallas office.
Although you’ve heard it before, this really isn’t your average internship. Our internship program is designed to propel your career into the ever-changing landscape of communications marketing by offering a full-time, paid internship for up to 6-months.
You’ll work alongside our award-winning teams to evolve, promote and protect the brands and reputations of the businesses and organizations we partner with. You’ll be challenged to deliver a wide range of impactful solutions in today’s socially-charged, digital environment. You’ll be encouraged to pursue our values of excellence, curiosity and courage. And you’ll learn and grow more than you ever thought possible.
- The Human Resources Intern will have the opportunity to learn about the field of human resources by performing a variety of duties across all HR disciplines with a dynamic team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with preparation of New Hire Orientation, ensuring that new employees have a smooth introduction to the office.
- Reviewing employee documents for completion and accuracy, gaining experience in managing confidential information
- Managing employee records and information, serving as the primary contact person for sensitive documents
- Learning how to run reports and manage data by conducting salary variance reports
- Assisting with employee information tracking and report creation as needed
- Performing employment verifications of current and former staff
- Supporting the Edelman recruiting team by sourcing for new hires in our applicant tracking system
- Scheduling candidate interviews for Edelman South offices
- Working with hiring managers on candidate feedback and hiring decisions
- Assisting with new hire onboarding and orientation
You have an interest in all aspects of the human resources field
You possess good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with others
You have excellent writing skills and communicate clearly
You thoughtfully and resourcefully solve problems
You can manage your own time and work to meet fast, strict deadlines
You have amazing atention to detail (If you caught our typo, please continue!)
You have a positive attitude and willingness to learn
Basic experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Basic understanding of social media and digital marketing
Basic understanding of integrated marketing, advertising and communications
About our program:
Applicants must be available to work a full-time schedule by January 2020 and work a full-time schedule (Mon-Fri, 40 hrs a week for up to 6 months)
Applicants must be able to work in the office for which they’re applying for
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
Our internships pay $13.00/hr and are eligible for overtime when approved by a supervisor
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
Click to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Primary Location:United States-Dallas
Job Posting:Oct 15, 2019, 11:03:46 PM
Applying for a jobSelect "Apply Online" to apply for a specific job. You can also use the "Add to My Job Cart" button to add it to your job cart and apply later.