United States, Illinois, Waukegan
About AkzoNobelAkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com
The Supply Planning Manager leads the planning team to drive performance and customer satisfaction and deliver on operational excellence goals. This role is accountable for deploying an effective supply planning process and developing and executing a supply plan to optimize inventory, improve service to customer, and achieve production efficiencies. The Supply Planning Manager contributes to the sales, profitability and Operating Working Capital targets. Collaborate with all areas within supply chain.
This position will be located at the AkzoNobel Office in Waukegan, IL.
Ensures that the Waukegan Supply Planning team develops an optimized supply plan for all material types.
- Raw & pack, traded, intermediate and finished goods based on the business demand and the capacity of the supply chain:
- Maximizing stock availability
- Minimizing OWC
- Minimizing Supply associated costs (Logistics, Production, Purchasing)
Owns and supports the execution of:
- Distribution, Production and Materials Planning
- Inventory policies definition (Safety Stock and Cycle Stock)
- Fulfillment Strategy definition (MTS/MTO/Others)
- ABC-XYZ segmentation for all material types
- Works with the IBP process, leading the Supply Review in the site and participates in the Demand Control meetings.
- Prepare the RCCP analysis and leads Supply Review Premeeting to discuss Production Capacity with Operations.
- Facilitates the continuous improvement of OTIF, Inventory and SLOBs
- Acts as the point of contact for any supply planning related initiative/topic for Waukegan (e.g. internal / external SLAs) and advises on opportunities to improve the supply chain in a broader sense
- Collaborative Planning, SC Analytics, Internet of Things, Footprint/Network optimization
- Works together with the rest of the ASC Supply Planning network to help raise the capability
- Manages and develops his/her team according to the AkzoNobel standards
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain, materials management, industrial engineering or other business-related field or equivalent experience. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in SAP. Highly proficient in SAP PP.
- 3-5 years of experience in production planning/Master production scheduling/capacity management
- Experience with a validated or regulated supply chain environment preferred
- Competent in key principles of Material Requirements Planning, Distribution Requirements Planning, Master Production Schedule, Rough Cut Capacity Planning
Job requirements/Candidate profileSee text above
List of links
- Austria / Österreich
- Brazil / Brasil
- China / 阿克苏诺贝尔中国
- France / France
- India / India
- Italy / Italia
- Pakistan / Pakistan
- Poland / Polska
- Romania / România
- Russia / Россия
- South Africa
- Spain / España
- Sweden / Sverige
- The Netherlands / Nederland
- United Kingdom and Ireland / United Kingdom and Ireland