Financial Analyst, Sales and MarketingManila, Philippines • G&A • Full Time
Job descriptionDo you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, solving complex problems, and implementing innovative ways to do things better? Are you a self-starter and highly organized? Do you thrive in a setting that lets you drive processes, be analytical, and passionate about details? If so, we have an opportunity for you in our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. Read on!
We are seeking a dynamic Financial Analyst to help shape and drive forward the vision of one of the fastest growing companies in the market. The successful role holder will report to the Finance Manager, President’s Organization and will primarily support the Sales and Marketing (S&M) function. Working with the S&M Finance Team, you will play a key role in the monthly process, purchase requisitions reviews, business performance reporting, headcount change management, budgeting/forecasting process, operational improvements, and ad-hoc support on strategic projects. You will also work closely with the broader finance team including Accounting, Procurement, and People Operations.
In this role:
- You will spearhead the month-end efforts including preparing accruals and assisting with monthly variance analyses
- You are going to review and approve purchase requisitions/orders, which involves being mindful of the budgeted spend and working closely with business partners to address and find solutions to inconsistencies
- You get to assist in monthly and quarterly forecasting, and manage headcount changes in Workday
- You are encouraged to highlight opportunities for operational improvements and perform ad-hoc analyses on various projects
On your first day, we will expect that:
- You have more than three years of experience in Finance or Accounting work including planning and budgeting processes, financial forecasting, interpreting and reporting business performance results
- You are highly proficient in spreadsheets (e.g., Google Sheets, MS Excel)
- You demonstrate attention to detail and follow through, and possess a strong work ethic with a “get-it-done” attitude while collaborating with cross-functional teams across different time zones
- You are an excellent communicator with the ability to be personable but also persistent
It's also great if:
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Finance, Accounting, Economics)
- You have used planning tools (e.g. Anaplan), finance systems (e.g. Netsuite), procurement platform (e.g. Coupa), and are exposed to technology or software/SaaS industry
- You have worked within Sales and/or Marketing functions
More about our teamOur FP&A Team empowers leaders at Atlassian by facilitating business planning, providing insight into business performance and supporting decision making. We collaborate with executives, including our CEOs, CFO, Product General Managers and functional leaders. We prepare financial forecasts and metrics, report on the organization's performance and provide analysis about current and potential investment decisions. One of the most important goals for the FP&A Team is to help the product families drive operational improvements across our business. To do this, we need to increase our data analysis capabilities in order to address these exciting analytical projects, in addition to exploration of the data to discover opportunities or understand performance.
More about our benefitsWhether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about AtlassianCreating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: .
Additional InformationWe believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.