San Diego, CA
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software QA Engineer (Contract)
San Diego, CADo you have a passion for test-driven development and automation? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and CI/CD systems.
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both collaboration and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers. We strive to be at the forefront of development technologies and are a diverse company with developers on four continents.
We are located in appealing San Diego in an alluring building offering daily cafe, sushi bar, gym, basketball court, car washes and more.
- Plan, write and execute automated and manual tests for applications on the PlayStation console
- Work with console developers to ensure that all features and bug fixes come with automated test coverage.
- Maintain and enhance existing Python based automation framework
- Report, track and verify defects
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Experience designing Test Plan, Test Cases, Execution, Analyzing the result and Report in a very fast paced environment.
- Tried understanding of SW development life cycle to be able to offer the best E2E testing
- Experience with at least one modern web application framework, preferably React
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience creating test frameworks
- Experience developing or writing test code for a game console or set-top box
- Experience in advanced UI automation for web applications
- Experience writing automated tests in Python
- Experience with Selenium or Appium
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can do attitude; yet challenges status quo
- Be open to new changes
- Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethic
- Able to work quickly and productively in a fast-paced environment
Be passionate about the success and moving on in the career with a clear goal and vision.Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
We encourage everyone to respond. We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us, and thank you for your interest in PlayStation.