Tax AnalystHungary - Central - Budapest
Job ID 111614BRJob category Finance Group Relocation availableNegotiableCityBudapestCountryHungaryTravel required Negotiable
Job profile summary:Responsible for supporting the business with a range of accounting issues by performing tasks associated with financial reporting and forecasting/planning, and working with relevant teams across the business to effectively assist with a range of finance activities.
Job Advert:Discover how our diverse, talented people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team.
Join our team and advance your career as a
If you join our Indirect Tax team, you may have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare draft returns in a timely and accurate manner;
- Carry out validations / reconciliations for countries supported;
- Carry out balance sheet reconciliation (BSI) work on VAT matters for businesses / countries supported, and supports the Accountant in BSI activities;
- Process data additions and corrections;
- Resolve queries and issues as they arise;
- Supports the work of the Accountant when required and assist in collecting information, documentation needed for tax audits;
In the Tax Analyst role we have the following requirements:
- Recognized accounting qualification,
- 1-2 years’ experience in Indirect Tax accounting and reporting is an advantage,
- Knowledge of an integrated accounting system,
- High level of analytical skills, numeracy and financial awareness,
- Fluency in English and additional European language is an advantage.
At BP we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- a company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the mindset of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- possibility to join our social communities and networks
- chill-out and collaboration spaces in a modern office environment
- learning opportunities, language courses and other development opportunities to shape and advance your career path
- different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- life & health insurance, medical care package
- company laptop
- phone for private usage
- opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement
We are a global energy business, involved in every aspect of the complex energy system that drives our world. Today’s growing world is demanding more energy, as well as a path to a low carbon future. For more than 100 years, the people of BP have been adapting to the world’s ever-changing demands. At every turn, we’re improving how we deliver heat, light and mobility to help people everywhere keep advancing.
In Hungary, we operate BP’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of BP. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our BP values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of BP. Join our team, and develop your career in a supportive, forward-thinking environment, as we keep advancing together.