NKP is Looking for a Nordic-Speaking Account Manager to Play a Key Role in our Mission of Bringing Clarity to Investment Decisions.
About Nordic Knowledge Partners (NKP)
Nordic Knowledge Partners is a Copenhagen, Denmark-based analytics firm, providing investment and M&A advisory teams with deep insights to identify and inform their next move - we do this through our Expert Network Services and our M&A Insights platform.
The company was founded by CEO Andreas von Buchwald - formerly Investment Manager with the top Danish investment fund Axcel. We are running a profitable business and we are backed by a group of well-connected high net worth investors, entrepreneurs, and family funds.
It is a young and dynamic team currently counting 5 different nationalities. The atmosphere is relaxed and innovative with a flat hierarchy. The opportunity for each employee to take full responsibility of workstreams is a core principle at NKP - we very much adhere to the “be your own CEO” concept.
We have our own spacious offices on Amerika Kaj (the seaside of Østerbro) in a recently renovated old storage house (“pakhus”) with a nice view of the harbour. The office is located just 500m from the Østerport and Nordhavn train stations.
As NKP continues its Nordic and international growth we are looking for an Account Manager who is excited about being a part of this journey. This is an opportunity to work closely with our clients in private equity, management consulting, and corporate strategy/M&A. The Account Manager will assume end-to-end ownership of multiple projects and client accounts from the very beginning.
It is our aim that you will be able to run the expert sourcing and briefing on projects almost straight away. Within a few months you should be able to manage and grow whole client accounts with minimal oversight. You are also expected to take an active part in developing new accounts within your client areas.
Furthermore, we expect an Account Manager to take part in the development of the overall strategy, innovating the processes and pitching in during product development. This is essential to NKP's long-term sustainability and strategic positioning.
You will be part of a best-in-class Account Manager team reporting directly to the Team Leader and you will interact with the CEO on a daily basis.
The day-to-day role of an Account Manager includes:
- Engaging daily with your clients (primarily by email and phone) to understand their knowledge needs
- Researching industries to understand dynamics & key players
- Identifying and engaging with senior experts (email and by phone)
- Preparing and vetting experts for their interviews
- Identifying and analysing potential investment targets on behalf of clients and delivering through our "M&A Target Screening Reports"
- Growing your own P&L center through increased sales to existing client contacts, i.e. larger share of wallet
- As the Account Manager matures, he/she is also expected to take an increasingly active role during sales pitches, in-person and phone/online-based
- As we are still in many ways a startup, the day-to-day is never fully predictable and there is always a range of tasks to be picked up.
We are looking to hire a top-performer with great energy and a good sense of humor. As we are working with clients with incredibly high standards, we need candidates with extreme attention to detail and the ability to deliver at a high level. We work in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines.
The abilities we are looking for in our candidates are:
- BSc or MSc from a well-recognized university/academic institution
- Relevant student job experience (banking, consulting, B2B sales)
- Some sales experience is an advantage but not a requirement
- A natural problem-solver and a go-do attitude - the role is very much sales-driven so the "closer-mentality" is crucial
- Well-structured approach to work and an ability to prioritize tasks
- Outstanding emotional intelligence and stakeholder management skills
- High-performer with a great work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and must possess a strong can-do attitude
- Fire in his/her eyes and a desire to close sales and build a global company
- Motivated by qualitative and quantitative targets and a performance-based remuneration package
- Written and oral professional fluency in English as well as a Nordic Language
- While we do not necessarily expect managerial experience, we would want to see a person who is able to step up to a Senior Account Manager position within 1 year
- Crucially, we are looking for a person who will fit in with our light-hearted atmosphere
The role is full-time and though we aim for a 40 hour work week, some days will be longer as we adapt to our clients’ often busy schedules and workflows as needed - we work in a competitive and international industry. The majority of the day-to-day work is expected to be carried out from our office with the option of working half/full days from home occasionally as needed - we strive for a flexible work environment.
We are a well-funded young company with a well proven business-model, and blue-chip repetitive clients that includes all three of "the top three" global strategy consultancies. We pay competitive wages with a significant variable component, and there is no limit to the monthly performance-driven bonus.
Starting date is as soon as possible and no later than February 01 2020.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send a CV plus cover letter explaining your motivation for applying and relevant qualifications to:
(+45) 28 89 78 47
You are also most welcome to call or email if you have any questions about the role or you may know the right candidate.