Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Disney Parks, Experience & Products, Technology and Digital (DPEP) is the digital media arm of Parks and Resorts Experience segment. DPEP is leading several initiatives that depend on our ability to interact with our Guests to deliver unique and compelling experiences. The delivery of these interactions requires a robust and extensible product platform with an expanding set of industry-leading capabilities.
This person will be an integral team member of the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) Business Affairs Department. The person will have day-to-day responsibilities for structuring, negotiating, managing and advising on deals for the development, production and distribution of live action and animated short form content for new media distribution in addition to assisting with the negotiation of deals for The Muppets Studio and Disney Publishing Worldwide. This person is expected to work in a highly collaborative fashion with other Business Affairs and Legal Affairs members of The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) and members of DPEP’s creative, marketing, production, legal, finance, and franchise management groups.
- Oversee and implement deal templates to best serve the short form content and micro content initiatives of the team efficiently and effectively.
- Structure and negotiate production agreements (e.g., producer, writer, talent agreements, production services, format licenses, etc.) and advise and consult with clients regarding production-related business affairs matters including any guild and union issues.
- Review creative content for DPEP productions to ensure compliance with TWDC precedent, contract and guild requirements.
- Negotiate and review talent and production deals for The Muppets Studio.
- Negotiate and review author and option/purchase deals for the publishing business. Review TV commercials produced by publishing licensees for talent, music and third party content issues.
- Establish and maintain client relationships with regular, effective and timely communications concerning deal negotiation and business strategy.
- Collaborate with Legal Affairs to ensure long-form agreements are signed on a timely basis.
- Track contractual options for properties, talent, payments and create and distribute executive deal summaries.
- Follow “best practices” and contribute toward improving deal parameters, deal memo templates, departmental process and procedures as well as contribute to creative problem solving on deals and projects.
- 5 years or more of applicable television, film or new media business affairs or legal affairs experience.
- Solid expertise with respect to guild and union agreements, contracts and intellectual property law
- Exceptional negotiating skills, strong drafting abilities, first class communication skills (written and verbal) and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects in a fast-paced environment with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, financial analytical skills and verbal and writing skills (discussion, analysis, succinctly summarizing key issues
- Must have a four year degree and a J.D.
- California Bar Membership preferred.
Additional Information:The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished