About the Position:Start your legal career by working hard and having fun at Juniper’s Legal department! If you are a law student with a desire to work with business and legal teams, this is the summer internship for you. We are looking for a bright, motivated, flexible, and engaged self-starter who exercises sound judgment, asks thoughtful questions, and creates solutions, while working independently or as part of a team.
During the Summer, you will develop an understanding of the operations of an in-house legal organization. You will get a chance to work on diverse projects across multiple legal teams, including Employment, Intellectual Property, Litigation, Commercial, Privacy & Information Security, and Compliance Legal teams.
Responsibilities:Job assignments and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contract review and summaries
- Working with the supervisor, providing advice to client contacts on legal issues
- Assistance with contract negotiation and drafting agreements
- Assistance with organizing/storing patent acquisition materials, processing system audits
- Litigation support
- Legal research and memos
- Developing and tracking metrics
- Updating agreement templates and identifying process improvements
Minimum Qualifications:Successful completion of at least one year of law school at an ABA approved law school.
- Interest in learning how an in-house legal department operates
- High attention to detail
- Flexibility and the ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Grace under pressure and a sense of humor
- Corporate or law firm work experience and an active participant in school activities is a plus
- Relocation is/is not available for this position