Date Posted: 2019-11-21-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW146: Oklahoma City, OK 2701 Liberty Parkway, Midwest City, OK, 73110 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
This position is part of the Military Maintenance Services, Eagle Supply repair sourcing team supporting the USAF customer, foreign military customers, and Pratt & Whitney Fleet Management Program customers. The Supply Chain Management team is responsible for sourcing all component and accessory repairs for F100, F119, and F135 engines.
Job functions will require service master development, maintenance and support; Technical Order interpretation; coordination with FMP programs and GSE Repair Development on sourcing and implementation of repairs; technical support of suppliers performing F100, F119, and F135 repairs; and engineering support to proposals and customer requests to insure repair requirements, associated service masters and sourcing is in place to support each customer’s configuration requirements Provide day to day engineering support to the Repair Line Coordinate technical data waiver’s with the supplier, internal departments and end customer’s.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited Undergraduate University
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering: Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical
- You are graduating betweenDecember 2021 to May 2023
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- Must have completed your freshman year in college
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Preferred Entry-level Co-op/internship experience
- Preferred Extraordinary interpersonal skills and proven track record of collaboration, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- Preferred You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong candidate identified, qualified candidates encouraged to apply
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.