Front-end Engineer - NYCNew York, United States • Engineering • Full Time
Here at Trello, we celebrate the many ways we work. With a team of around one hundred, we connect from Atlanta coworking spaces, forests, by Hawaii beaches, from our brand new headquarters in lower Manhattan, and many other locations. Hundreds of thousands of enthusiastic people use our web app every single day. We're always excited to hear from talented developers, eager to help us push the limits of what Trello does. If that interests you and you live in NYC, read on to learn more about the role!
- Work directly with product managers, designers, and developers on features for the Trello web application.
- Proactively optimize client code to ensure stability and high performance.
- Iterate quickly based on user feedback.
More about you:
- You could be working at any level of the stack, but you’re passionate about front-end development.
- You have in-depth experience with a framework like (our current framework), React (what we’ve actively been working in). Previous experience with Typescript, Redux, or Apollo is a plus!
- You have enough back-end experience to jump over to the server to unblock yourself (we use ).
- You’re passionate about understanding user problems and working with a team to ship and iterate on great solutions.
- You strive to write code that lasts for years, not months, by writing tests and owning features from ideation to delivery.
- You can tweak CSS, but you prefer profiling, analyzing heap snapshots, and refactoring code into modular chunks.
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English.
More about us:
- We have a large codebase written in CoffeeScript using which we’re progressively re-writing into Typescript using React, Redux, and Apollo.
- We're looking for a fast learner who can contribute from day one.
- We hire creative people and give them the autonomy to do great work.
- We built Trello to be a remarkably great place to work.
More about our benefitsWhether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about AtlassianCreating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: .
Additional InformationWe believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.