Amazon.com is looking to hire highly motivated, best-in-class Network Deployment Engineers for our Network Deployment and Scaling engineering team to deploy and scale our next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent knowledge of networking both concepts and theory, and have experience using python. He/she will have a proven track record of success in driving complex issues to resolution autonomously and/or collaboratively. A love for working with new technologies and pushing the envelope on existing technology is required.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Amazons world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers in the world while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
- Be responsible for deploying network infrastructure across all of our network fabrics that supports the Amazon Retail Service, Kindle, Payments and multiple AWS services.
- Scale the network across multiple global Datacenters
- Drive scaling of current network designs to meet the demand of our customers.
- Create and improve simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality of delivery.
- Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
- Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
- Create and implement changes on the network.
- Work closely with our automation teams in defining the tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
- Develop your own ways and means to automate away any common or repeatable tasks.
The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
- Excellent Ethernet and IP networking knowledge and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols. - Substantial background in large scale datacenter network implementations and support.
- Significant past experience with the following protocols and concepts: BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, TCP/IP Flow control, UDP, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, DNS, ARP, HTTP, SSL, STP, Trunking, & Port Channeling, IPsec and TLS
- Excellent analytical skills
- Must be comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Software development/scripting skills are highly desired - specifically Python or shell (bash)
- Knowledge or awareness of IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, COBIT) and Operational Excellence concepts or methodologies is a plus
- Physical requirements
- The ability to sit in front of a computer for a scheduled 4-hour shift while maintaining a high level of alertness and attention to detail
- Amazon operates a ?follow the sun? rota for high severity event handling (8am - 4pm or 9am ? 5pm 7 days a week) and candidate must be available to work on occasional weekends and/or holidays as scheduled - Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure
- Candidate should be studying a relevant degree in a related technical discipline.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major Internet routing protocols, BGP, OSPF
- Effective prioritization and time management
- Interest in python scripting