USCA > USA > California > Costa Mesa HQ - VAN
Job AdVans: Be a Part of the Original
“It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people” – Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
1. We are determined.
2. We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
3. We are inclusive.
4. We are expressive and fun.
5. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, one of the world’s largest apparel and footwear companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individual’s pursuit of growth to achieve future goals driven by our brand purpose.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate an environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
S&OP Analyst: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
Here at Vans, our purpose is to enable creative expression - and inspire youth culture - by celebrating and encouraging the Off the Wall attitude that comes from expressing your true self. As the S&OP Analyst, you will be responsible for developing a detailed understanding of current operations and driving accountability across multiple departments to improve overall performance and processes for Vans Americas. You will be contributing to projects that have significant impact to Supply Chain, Sales, Retail, Ecommerce, Finance and Product Development. To succeed, you will utilize both relationship building and strong analytical skill sets to drive decision making that ensures functions are integrated and aligned. Any new Vans family member that wishes to join our leading global footwear, apparel and accessory brand must share our vision in influencing youth culture and empowering artistic expression.
How You Will Make a Difference:1. You will have the opportunity to improve S&OP processes within the Americas region. Develop and monitor S&OP processes, templates and metrics including target setting, training and process maintenance.
2. Monitor business metrics, drive root cause understanding of results and publish monthly key metrics.
3. Develop ad-hoc reporting and maintain databases for supply chain team members to utilize and enable decision making. Aggregate supporting data and analysis across functions.
4. Identify, develop and project manage creation of new metrics and S&OP process improvements.
5. Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view.
6. You will act as a change agent/ambassador throughout the Supply Chain organization by building trust with various levels in the organization, communicate clearly and consistently business objectives and management vision.
Skills for Success:Years of Related Professional Experience: 3-5 years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Economics, Industrial Engineering or related field and a minimum of 3 years general management experience in the Supply Chain field or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience working in the Footwear and/or Apparel industry preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Access
- Experience in Alteryx and Tableau preferred
- Green Belt Six Sigma certification and/or APICS certification preferred
- Understanding of supply chain processes, with experience in forecasting and planning
- Proven success in managing information flow across functions and systems
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and leadership skills that show ability to collaborate, influence and execute in a dynamic environment, and ability to facilitate and drive resolution at all levels
- Process oriented with a continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task and works with limited supervision
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Travel by air and overnight, as required 5-10% amount of time.
- Lifting and/or bending 25 lbs. amount of weight.