INTERN - JAPAN OFFICE(April – October 2020)
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruitingThe Forum is expanding its presence in Japan, with a high impact, global team to develop and accelerate the Forum’s reputation in Japan through community development, relationship management, knowledge networks, regional business council activities and special projects.
The Forum is looking for a highly driven intern, who will be instrumental in supporting the Chief Representative Officer of the Japan office and the rest of the Japan team with operational, research and broad office duties.
The intern will be based in the World Economic Forum Japan office in Tokyo and report to the Office Manager for a period of six months.
Applications must be submitted before 15th March, 2020.
When applying, please submit a cover letter that clearly indicates your qualifications for the role. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Collaborate with Japan office members and possibly colleagues across all Forum locations to leverage their capabilities to support the needs of the World Economic Forum Japan
- Partner with Forum teams internally and within Japan, including Business Engagement, Public Engagement, Regional and Government Engagement to conduct research and analysis to identify key trends and implications for the Japanese industry, and other societal stakeholders
- Provide research and administrative support to the chief representative officer and the Japan team, including visitor and meeting coordination, conference call planning, crafting correspondence, preparing documents and presentations, sharing agreed actions, leveraging technology such as Salesforce and Forum Transformation Maps
- Support with Executive Assistant tasks and office managerial activities including welcoming guests, managing mail, coordinating vendors, taking calls, responding to external queries, supporting staff and deliveries, business travel logistics, organizing events and sessions, security procedures and general office administrative needs and activities
Preferred qualifications and experience
- Working towards a Master (or higher) degree and interested in business, marketing, communications, government, non-government organisations, consultancies or other related fields.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy; ability to deliver and track progress against deadlines
- Excellent service orientation towards internal and external stakeholders; ability to collaborate effectively with other team members to deliver highly connected tasks
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills and experience with tight deadlines and unforeseen events, of managing conflicting priorities under stress and flexibility in the face of change
- Fluency with written and oral Japanese and English content, with an ability to create and edit clear, high quality written and visual content Strong IT skills, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office technology. Experience working with collaboration tools, digital media tools and Salesforce platforms would be a benefit
- An ability to articulate an interest in the Forum’s goals, agenda, mission and values
Learning opportunity for interns
- Understand how the World Economic Forum functions as well as its place in the world order
- Understand and learn how we collaborate, communicate with high level constituents and contribute to the global agenda discussion
- Learn how the different functions and teams work and collaborate, and the positioning of the Japan office within organization
- Acquire work experience and develop a network that will be invaluable for your career development
- Most importantly, you will be part of an international effort that is actively working towards a better future.
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and cooperation, shaping mind-sets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change.