Richardson, TX, US, 75082
About Fujitsu Network Communications, Inc.Fujitsu Network Communications, Inc., is a trusted partner to a broad spectrum of customers across all industries, enabling them to realize the maximum value from their communications networks. We are a market-leading U.S.-based manufacturer of network equipment and a top U.S. patent holder in optical networking. Our solutions combine the best wireline, wireless, and software technology with extensive multivendor services expertise to deliver custom, end-to-end network integration and management solutions. For more information, please see http://us.fujitsu.com/telecom, connect with us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu-network-communications, and follow us on Twitter @FujitsuFNC.
Req ID: 8677
OverviewThe software business is looking for an entry level Business Product Manager to join our growing team to own and manage all financial aspects of our business.
- Participate in the long-range business planning for the Software Business Unit (BU) including market segmentation, product / revenue forecasts, and Profit and Loss (P/L) over a 3-5 year period. This may include collecting market data, formulation of business strategy, and financial analysis leading to the Software Commercial and Mid-term Plans.
- Planning, forecasting, and reporting of the Software P/L to both Technology BU executives as well as FNC executives. Requires coordination with other FNC business managers and the Fujitsu Japan (FJ) Business Office.
- Build and maintain list pricing strategy for software products – understand product structure, identify competition, and market value to formulate a strategy to capture business across markets. Requires working with and getting agreement from the Software Product Line Manager’s (PLM) and presenting to Commercial Management and Sales.
- Provide support in pricing major Customer deals and major Request for Proposal (RFP) pricing responses. Understand the business issues, identify and vet the options and support management approval while protecting Software business position.
- Represent the Software BU in business cases with market and financial analysis to develop preliminary pricing strategies and pro-forma financial results.
- Own the business interface to strategic partners. Negotiate transfer and customer specific pricing to maintain acceptable margins and support market demands.
- Provide special projects as requested to pursue business opportunities, improve P/L, and provide business knowledge to the Software BU.
- Verification of compliance with 3rd party license vendors, as well as being primary interface for yearly renewals.
- Education – Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Experience – 0-2 years’ experience. Previous industry internship/co-op experience preferred.
- Technology – knowledgeable or capable of learning, at a block diagram level, the technologies that drive Software products. Capable of identifying cost/development relationships and how they impact the product/business performance.
- Product knowledge – knowledgeable or capable of learning Fujitsu products and their relationships at a working level.
- Business System Skills – full command of Microsoft Office and proficient in Excel to meet all working requirements. Capable of producing professional PowerPoint slides.
- SAP Skills – has or capable of learning how to use SAP.
- Business Acumen – business skills to see economic value and monetize technology solutions. Good entrepreneurial spirit. Ability to influence cross-functions teams without formal authority.
- Critical Thinking Skills – critical thinking to question the business issues and develop solutions, understand the presentations needed to move the business forward to meet objectives while working around the pitfalls. Stays on agenda.
- Negotiation Skills – capable of positioning and building compelling arguments to achieve end objectives. Can support multi-stage negotiations and adapt to changing solutions.
- Communication Skills – ability to take complex technical and business issues and present them in a polished, meaningful manner at the executive level
At this time, Fujitsu Network Communications will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.