Date Posted: 2020-01-20-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Go Beyond. The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines. At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney? The Aftermarket Engineering Development Program (AEDP) is a Pratt & Whitney Aftermarket Operations entry-level development program designed to provide real world and classroom technical training to high potential engineers. The AEDP is a two year program consisting of four unusual and challenging rotational assignments of six-month duration within the domestic overhaul and component repair facilities. Through the hands-on rotational assignments, individuals will not only develop a solid knowledge base on aftermarket engineering and our products, but also be exposed to a vast range of networking and leadership experiences, and have access to senior and executive leadership team members to provide professional guidance and personal mentoring. At the conclusion of the program, graduates will be prepared to assume a Repair Process Engineer assignment at one of Pratt & Whitney's Aftermarket business units.
Potential rotation locations: East Hartford, Connecticut Lansing, Michigan North Berwick, Maine Grand Prairie, Texas Springdale, Arkansas Columbus, GA West Palm Beach, Florida. The first assignment is in West Palm Beach, Florida.
To qualify for this position, you are expected to graduate in Dec 2019 or May 2020 only.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Qualifications: Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required.
- You're in an accredited four year Engineering degree program.
- Preferred fields of study are Mechanical, Aerospace, Manufacturing, Materials or Industrial Engineering with a strong interest in Operations and Manufacturing.
- You are graduating in Dec 2019 or May 2020
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Entry-level technical co-ops/internships experience
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and proven track record of collaboration, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- You have a real passion for learning and pursuing a career in Aftermarket Operations
- You are highly adaptable, flexible and willing to relocate
- Ability to work with all levels of management, shop personnel and outside vendors
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office programs
- You have hands-on experience with strong structured project management and dynamic problem solving with the ability to craft solutions to everyday challenges with creative new ideas
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.