For our Vattenfall Business Area Risk Management (CFO) we are now looking for a Working Student (f/m/d) in our team Trade Controlfor our office in Hamburg.
The Trade Control team can be seen as the office function of Vattenfall Energy Trading GmbH. The team supports and controls the daily operations of our traders, portfolio manager, originators. The team consists of three major focus areas – OTC (over the counter) transactions, exchange business, regulatory operations.
Key responsibilities and dutiesAssist the analysts with the following responsibilities
- Trade validation, ensuring that the concluded transactions are reported and checked when they are booked
- Confirmations handling, exchange deal confirmation with our trading counterparties and brokers
- Contract management for non-standard business like physical fuels, coal, biomass and freight and CO2 products.
- Margining, exchange collateral with counterparties on a daily basis to cover credit exposure.
- Exchange reconciliation: ensuring the positions traded on exchanges are reconciled on a daily basis.
- EUA/CO2 management, managing certificate transfers.
- Regulatory operations, transaction reporting under REMIT and EMIR and EMIR risk mitigation procedures.
Requirements and desired skills
- You are studying business, economics, finance and control, computer science, or a comparable course of studies and are at least in the third semester of your bachelor’s degree or in your master’s degree
- You are a self-starter and work best when given freedom in your work. You ask for help and guidance when needed and think beyond the task at hand, making suggestions wherever you see room for improvement.
- You are a great communicator who is able to listen, brings a message across clearly, retrieves information needed and furthermore know how to adapt to your audience.
- Fluency in English and German, written and spoken
- Excellent Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Structured way of working
- Pragmatic personality, performance-oriented with ability to prioritize
- Team player, self-motivated, proactive, creative mindset – we love new ideas
- The past has proven Trade Control working students can develop into analyst roles.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Our OrganizationVattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and the largest producer of heat. The Vattenfall Group has about 20,000 employees. Vattenfall’s core markets are Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. The Group also conducts business in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Poland and the UK. The Parent Company, Vattenfall AB, is fully owned by the Swedish state.
Working at Vattenfall means more than just having an interesting job in a result-oriented culture. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment. We offer our employees competitive remuneration, training opportunities and personal development.
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Working time: 12 – 20 hours per week, up to 37 hours per week (full-time) in vacation time
- Minimum duration: 1 year
- Compensation: 13.50 Euro per hour
- Reference Number: FR-00077
- Application deadline: 23.02.2020
Your application should contain a covering letter (English), CV, current grade reports and your certificate of enrollment.
For more information about the job and the department you are welcome to contact Mrs Qingsha Zhang via phone +49 402 4430 355.
For information about recruitment process, please contact Ms Anica Zerfuss, via phone +49 4079022 2141.
We look forward to your application!