- Job-ID: V000002669
- Location: Corpus Christi
- Closing date: 04/13/2020
voestalpine Texas LLC constructs and operates voestalpine's direct reduction plant in San Patrico County/Texas. The natural gas based direct reduction plant, with its state-of-the-art technology, will provide the Austrian steel production sites in Linz and Donawitz with access to cost-effective and environmentally-friendly HBI, thus ensuring their competitiveness in the long term. Furthermore, a part of the production will be sold to partners interested in long-term contracts.
The person observes all safety and environmental procedures required for compliant plant operations. The Material Handling Operators tasks & responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Observes all Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Operate and certify in Material Handling Equipment
- Performs Lock out/ Tag out and issues safety permits
- Creates and maintains a culture of continuous improvement.
- Assists Foreman Materials Handling and Safety Manager regarding safety and emergency measures and realization of safety and emergency plans.
- Operates and maintains a clean work area
- Catch samples as needed
- Performs incidental/preventative maintenance in operating areas
- Maintains compliance in mandatory training as per company specs
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management of voestalpine Texas LLC.
- Have sufficient management, planning and organization skills.
- Be a reliable team member and acts as team player to create a positive work environment and achieve company goals.
- Be able to handle issues confidential.
- Be flexible in working hours and requested missions and time management.
- Be flexible in assisting and supporting other departments.
- Be patient and flexible to handle different cultures.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Be familiar with industrial plant work conditions.
- Be able to work under local weather conditions.
- Be able to work outside as well as inside.
- Basic knowledge of materials handling/mobile equipment
- Basic knowledge of mechanics
- Basic Computer skills
- Basic operation troubleshooting skills
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate in English, verbally and in writing
- Must be capable of reviewing and interpreting complex documents and texts.
- Must be able to walk long distances and stand and work for more than 2 hours in though environmental conditions (high temperature, high humidity, noise & dust), and climb heights of up to 250 ft using stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have or be able to acquire a TWIC card
- Must have reliable transportation to and from job site.