Job Introduction:In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for an individual who is interested in joining us as a IT Service Desk Support Analyst.
This is a full time position for 40 hours per week. The post is based at Lincolnshire Police Headquarters, Nettleham. The benefits of working from this location include; free car parking and 24 hours use of a free gym.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing operational and technical support to G4S and its clients.
IT Service Support Analysts will provide technical support and advice to all users of IT services to ensure that operational issues and queries are diagnosed and resolved as quickly as possible. Support and advice will include the provision of first and some second line support facility for all users in terms of incidents, service requests, changes, developments, location maintenance and system administration.
The ideal candidate will be able to specify, recommend, provide, configure and implement many varied items of IT equipment and supporting software in accordance with corporate and service area requirements, IT standards and the IT Security Policy.
Please note that, due to the nature of security checks undertaken, applicants must have 3 years continuous residency in the UK up to the date of the application.
- Provision of a first and second line support facility for all users in terms of incidents, service requests, changes, developments, location maintenance and system administration.
- Maintain performance and availability to agreed Service Levels.
- Ensure the timely resolution of incidents and problems as prioritised in Service Level Agreements.
- Co-ordinate workflow to ensure service delivery and deadlines are met in line with the contract and to ensure excellence in performance is met.
- Ensure Support documentation is current and up to date.
- Ensure users are kept informed of progress at key stages within their request.
- Ensure that systems remain supportable, expandable, fit for purpose, and capable of delivering ongoing business value and benefit.
- To formulate statistics from help desk system to provide management information on calls logged, closure of calls, 3rd party maintenance, Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), performance and downtime and any other category specified.
- Plan, manage and maintain all IT assets to ensure the accuracy and consistency of the CMDB.
- Provide assistance and technical knowledge to aid the implementation of projects.
- Keep abreast of new developments, undertake relevant product training and certification in specialism and share the knowledge with other staff.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The capacity to understand the organisation and the environment in which it operates
- The capacity to understand and contribute to the delivery of the organisation’s goals and objectives
- The capacity to respond positively and enthusiastically to change
- The capacity to deliver objectives
- The capacity to deliver great customer service at all times
- The capacity to act professionally at all times
- The capacity to deal with a wide range of different activities and situations
- The capacity to help and support
- The capacity to assist people in achieving objectives
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems (Win10)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Access etc.)
- Knowledge of Mobile technologies and applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure and PC Interface problems
- Installation of software packages via a variety of tools eg. LANDesk / Active Directory, Active Directory Security and Distribution Groups, Organisation Units and Group Policy
- Hold a full driving licence as travel to other locations will be required
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience of O365
- Has a working knowledge of ITIL
- Has a working knowledge of applications and products from a Policing environment