We are looking for people with expertise in scholarly research in the field of Sociology to join the SSRN Team! This part-time, remote position will be working in the direct flow of the most current scholarly research worldwide.
is an open access research platform used to share preprints, or early stage research, evolve ideas, measure results, and connect with scholars around the world. Preprints are research papers that are at the submission stage or can be described as on-going research.Academics and other researchers can freely discover and access tomorrow’s research today on the .
POSITION TYPE: PART TIME & FULLY REMOTE(CONTRACTOR)
COMPENSATION: $15.00 per hour
Review and index subject specific papers and abstracts that will be included in SSRN, a free to post/free to read platform of early stage research.
Primary Function: Classification
- Create and developexpert familiarity with the SSRN Sociology taxonomy
- Review submissions (including title, abstract, keywords, and, as necessary, the paper) and make appropriate taxonomy assignments
- Research the existing SSRN corpus to populate content for new subject areas, as requested
- Assist answering occasional queries from the Help Desk
Secondary Function: Research/Write Taxonomy
- Periodically assist in expanding and refining new and existing taxonomies
- Graduate-level professional or academic experience in area related to Sociology, PhD preferred
- Experience reading and writing for major academic journals and attendance at professional conferences in the field are beneficial
- Computer/technology proficient
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable to work in a self-directed manner with minimal guidance in a virtual team environment
- Eligible to work in U.S./U.S. Citizen
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding. We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancetand Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray?s Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization.