This is AdyenWe took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Point-of-Sale (POS) Support EngineerAdyen is looking for a driven and enthusiastic Point-of-Sale (POS) Support Engineer, to strengthen our growth in APAC. Within our team in APAC, you will be the first point of contact for our merchants across the globe, collaborating with multiple teams, such as Sales, Account Management and (Product) Development. The POS team is extremely merchant-focused and driven by team success. You'll have ownership to improve and speak up, and - hopefully - have a lot of fun while doing it.
What you’ll doYour goal is to provide our merchant base with expert, accurate, and timely advice and support when they need it, in order to successfully accept payments in all their retail locations around the world. Your challenge will be remotely identifying, analyzing, troubleshooting and solving both hardware and software issues on a range of different devices.
This means working directly with our merchants’ (technical) teams, or working with internal Adyen teams such as our operational support team, project managers, and account managers. This can also include proactively providing IT training on the POS product to these stakeholders.
Your work is both varied and impactful - you could be helping a customer to set up new stores on our platform, configuring new terminal functionalities on the back end, or reviewing logs and troubleshooting integration issues between the merchant’s POS software and Adyen’s payment technology. Internally, you could be working with the product teams to justify a change that makes a functionality more efficient, reproducing live issues on in-house terminals, or updating internal documentation to help your colleagues.
As such, what you do will have a direct impact on our merchant’s ability to accept payments and expand their business with us.
Your team is extremely customer-focused, highly motivated and thrives on shared success. They also have a strong relationship with development in order to facilitate constant product improvement. They are an international team with diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
Who you are
- You are able to troubleshoot technical problems, read application logs and find solutions to complex errors.
- You love to provide assistance to others via phone, web-based tools or email, and to be regarded as a technical expert.
- You love to learn new things, be it product, technology or process and are quickly able to adapt them into your work flows.
- You get a sense of achievement from solving problems, and from helping people; a great customer experience is at the heart of what you do.
- You are self-reliant and can work independently, and you have a proven record of learning or working with technology that interests you.
- You are a team player, and foster knowledge and information sharing with others by updating documentation or reporting bugs.
- You are driven, an enthusiastic collaborator, and ready to give and receive feedback.
- You make quick, but informed decisions, even under pressure and can prioritize tasks appropriately based on urgency or necessity.
- You are capable of abstract thinking, being able to solve a puzzle that isn’t directly in front of you, separating the layers of software, hardware and internal systems.
- You have experience with, or a keen interest in, internet technologies and technical processes - think for example writing scripts or coding in PHP, Python or Java.
- You have the ability to interface seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent relationship skills, culturally aware, adjust your communication style to audiences).
- You are fluent in English. For non-native English speakers: you need to prove you have full professional or bilingual proficiency.
- Due to the current situation (border closure), you should already reside in Singapore.