This is AdyenWe took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze, research and build machine learning algorithms on our terabytes of data, creating products that have never been seen in the payment industry. Some examples could be:
- Optimization algorithms for payment routing to improve payment success rates;
- Fraud detection systems to stop the bad guys;
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) systems;
- Real-time anomaly detection based on time-series modeling;
- Ad-hoc analysis of specific customer requests using Looker, SQL, Python, PySpark, ElasticSearch, Grafana and present the results to stakeholders in dashboards, graphs, presentations;
- Help develop ETL pipelines in Python for creating new datasets and speeding up the work of the other data scientists;
- Consult companies that work with Adyen (in the office and abroad) to help them solve problems, make the best use of our platform, and find new features to build to help them in the future.
Who you are:Note that depending on experience, the criteria for the following skills will differ, but they’re what we’re looking for in general.
- Experience programming and doing data analysis and data science using Python;
- Experience querying data from databases using SQL;
- Experience working with BI tools (Looker / Tableau / Qlikview / etc.);
- Experience working with big data technologies – Spark / Hadoop;
- Experience working with ETL orchestration tools (Airflow);
- Basic Java experience is a plus, as the main Adyen platform is built in Java and being able to bridge the gap between data science and the payment platform will be a big advantage for you;
- Good knowledge of machine learning techniques, tool sets and algorithms. This means that you know what happens “under the hood”;
- A strong mathematical background.