Do you learn best when applying theory to real problem solving? Do you learn from your mistakes?
We are looking for a HR Coordinator to manage a variety of different projects and tasks. You will be working closely with team members from especially Marketing as well as other departments. As the position is new, you will be able to influence and shape the position as well as seek out and create the projects that you find most interesting.
Mermaid Medical is a manufacturer and distributor of medical devices, primarily within solutions to diseases in the vascular system as well as devices used in interventional radiology. We are headquartered outside Copenhagen in Stenløse, Denmark, and we have offices throughout Europe as well as the USA.
We believe that learning takes place when applying theory to solve real problems. When you work with us, we offer the opportunity to write your Master Thesis with us, and we also offer the opportunity for a full-time position after you finish your studies.
Tasks and Responsibilities
As the position is new, you will get the opportunity to apply your knowledge in order to seek out the tasks and projects that you think will benefit the employees and the company. In order to explore what the company needs, we envision your tasks to be:
- Assisting with the launch Talent Manager, Talent Recruiter, & Talent Onboard. You will be joining the company as Talent Manager, Talent Recruiter, and Talent Onboard are being implemented. Down the road, you will be in charge of the day to day management of the platforms as well as being involved in the recruitment and onboarding process
- Explore the company structure on departmental level in order to identify gaps where departments could benefit from restructuring and new hires. This also includes identifying skills development of employees as well as strategies for knowledge sharing internally in the company
- Maintenance and updates of company policies and employee handbooks as well as staying on top of new trends and policies regarding such
Skills and Requirements
You are about to start your first year or second year of your Master’s in HR, such as cand.soc. or cand.merc. Human Resource Management. Additionally, you are:
- Not afraid to make mistakes and learn from them
- Ready to take on tasks and projects that are not like those of any other student position
- Fluent in Danish
- Excellent at written and oral English and comfortable speaking and writing it on a regular basis
- Structured and ready to take responsibility from day one
- Willing to work outside normal hours (8-16) twice a month, as we are an international company with offices in different time zones
- We value prior experience with HR in an international company, but it is not a requirement
Being One of Us
We believe that as people, and as a company, We Are One. We have a culture of sticking together and doing what is best for each other and the company. We are proud of our life-saving products, and we trust that each and every one of our colleagues do their best to ensure happiness and quality of life, both for the patients who benefit from our products as well as for each other. It is therefore important to us that you are:
- Outgoing and excited to get to know new colleagues
- Engaged in the people around you
- Ready to become a part of a company where you will not be ‘just another student assistant’. You will be on an equal footing with everyone else
We are excited to hear from you. If you have questions about the position or your future tasks, please reach out to Marie Lindberg Nielsen at +45 28847682. Your primary work location will be Stenløse, Denmark, and you should expect to work approximately 15 hours a week. We are of course flexible during your exam periods. We will be handling applications on an ongoing basis so send your application and CV as soon as possible.