Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
We Need Someone Who Speaks Computer
Computers have their own language. Which most of us don’t speak. But you do. And we need your fluency. Let’s face it. The modern world is shackled to computers so we need experts like yourself to keep us running. So come join our crew. You don’t have to call yourself The Computer Whisperer but we might.
As our Footwear Costing Analyst for Converse, you will meet the needs of the consumer by helping drive sustainable product value. You will collaborate with our Factories, Planning/Operations, Design, Development, and Merchandising teams to review and interpret factory cost breakdowns and their impact on the total weighted margin. In this role, you will help the Product teams hit their gross pricing margin (GPM) goals by identifying the margin implications of business decisions, provide margin reporting at each GamePlan gate, aide/lead ad-hoc margin analysis, identify product trade off and cost efficiencies, and help identify solutions that meet the needs of all business partners. You will also utilize the understanding of prior season data elements and Global macroeconomic seasonal guidance to actively interpret financial results and identify opportunities for improvements.
To succeed in the role, you must be a self-starter who can work autonomously but also cross-functionally. You must possess excellent analytical skills, attention to detail paired with a strong work ethic and a desire to continuously learn and develop.
WHAT YOU BRING TO CONVERSE
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in Business Management, Finance, Engineering or related field
- Minimum of three years direct relevant work experience within finance, costing/cost accounting, engineering, manufacturing or financial modeling
- Ability to perform scenario planning analysis and articulate the impact of certain decisions on overall product margins
- Advanced Excel skills
- Intermediate level proficiency in using MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- The ability to work with various members from cross functional teams, in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Knowledge of Flex and SAP systems is a plus
- Knowledge of footwear or apparel construction, costing, sourcing, events from product concept to delivery is a plus
- Strong ability to lead multiple, competing priorities
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- Strong ability to develop high-profile, influential and collaborative relationships across teams and functions
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pass a background check
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.