About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of our 15,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Programme
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills, who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise. You have a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience – we invite you to apply to our graduates@swissre programme 2021.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge organisation. Over an 18-month period, you’ll receive on- and off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different business divisions.
About the role
Be part of our Balance Sheet Management team in EMEA! (Europe, Middle East and Africa) You will support Treasury in the region; implementing the target capital structure for the Reinsurance Business Unit and supporting the regional CFO and business teams on all treasury related topics.
Your main tasks and activities will include:
- Monitor the regional capital and liquidity generation, support the central Balance Sheet Management team and the business to improve these financial key performance indicators.
- Support the implementation and structuring of the regional intra-group retrocession program
- Supervise the capital levels of entities and branches; ensuring they are capitalized, and dividends are repatriated, in accordance to the Group's capital management policies
- Coordinate the region's capital planning process, engaging with the regional CFO and local finance teams, to ensure timely and accurate presentation of numbers to the relevant Group committees
- Support the business in reviewing and structuring large transactions from a treasury perspective, as part of the broader Finance transaction review process
- Support our team in structuring solutions to manage counterparty credit limits of our clients and work with collateral management to implement efficient collateral structures as required
- Engage with Asset Management, the central Treasury team, and local Finance to assess the capital implications of the investment and foreign exchange positions of local entities
- Strong collaboration with cross functional working groups or projects
- Support the preparation of materials presented to Group committees
About the team
Our diverse team is a dynamic, multinational and one of four within other within Group Treasury. We are responsible for capital and liquidity management for the Reinsurance Business Unit, as well as asset-liability management and the Finance transaction review process across the Swiss Re Group. We are organized into three regional capital and liquidity management teams based in Zürich for EMEA, Armonk for the Americas, and Singapore for Asia, as well as a central team based in Zürich mainly responsible for asset-liability management. However, we flexible in structuring our tasks and frequently work together on initiatives across teams. Our team spirit is dedicated to constantly improve our understanding of value creation in the context of Swiss Re and to use this knowledge to foster our efficiency.
- Successfully completed university degree demonstrating strong quantitative ability (e.g. mathematics, physics, actuarial science, engineering, economics)
- Strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance
- Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, is a fast learner
- Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative
- Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit
- Ability and enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment,
- Mature & self-confident; able to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues
- Strong analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
- Excellent oral and written English skills; additional language skills advantageous
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
We are looking forward to your application!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.