Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company; from providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon embraces invention and progressive thinking. Amazon is continually evolving; it’s a place where motivated employees thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: we pioneer.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our Operations team across Europe. Delivering hundreds of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, our Operations teams possess a wide range of skills and experience. Our network of Fulfilment Centers, Delivery stations and Sortation Centers is supported by managers whose teams own the receipt and stowing of inventory, picking, packing and shipping, to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
About these internships:
The Amazon European RME teams are a fast-growing international group. We are looking for a passionate, versatile and curious Project Management Interns to work with us on improvement and innovation projects to support the growth of our European network. We want to give our Customers in Europe the best experience possible!
As a Project Management Intern, you are a passionate advocate to drive machinery efficiency with strong analytics and have excellent organizational and inter-personal skills. You must be an effective communicator, have a high sense of (internal) customer service and be able to work with cross-functional teams including RME, Ops Engineering, Fulfillment Center Operations, Execution teams, Analysts and Senior Management.
As a Project Management intern you could join an RME team in one of our Fulfillment Centers across Europe, and depending on your profile, you could contribute into a project related to Automation and controls engineering or Mechanical engineering.
- You will support the project managers in one or several projects by supporting them in tracking open actions, conducting ad hoc deep dives to provide data insights useful for decision making, analysing processes to identify critical points and improvement opportunities and anticipating for risks.
- You will support the team in recommending and executing technical improvements in line with your expertise (automation or mechanical).
- You will work with the team to identify Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) improvements or standardization opportunities for the European network.
Key learning objectives
At the end of this internship, you will have developed skills to extract and manipulate large and complex dataset, will be given insights on simulation models and will have learnt to master the usage of analytics for driving business decisions and change.
You will have learnt key success factors to project implementation and stakeholder management in a complex and international environment. You will have used advanced project management tools and will be able to successfully provide project members with support. You will have learnt to anticipate for and mitigate risks.
You will have learnt how to communicate results and status updates to stakeholders and Senior Management. You will have interacted with a wide range of people with very diverse roles, from Fulfilment Centers Managers to Maintenance Engineers and Technicians.
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
- You are currently working towards a Bachelor degree in Engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical/Electrical or Electronics engineering, Robotics, Computer Engineering, Machine Learning, or other quantitative areas or related fields.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Polish.
- You must have the right to work in the country you are applying for.
- Problem solving mindset, proactive issue resolution skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- You are able to demonstrate curiosity and pro-activity, which will allow you to gain greater autonomy in the course of the internship and make the most of your time with us to fully achieve your learning and development goals.
- You are results-driven with analytical skills and the ability to innovate and simplify current processes and practices.
- You should have strong decision-making skills, that use sound reasoning and when required use consultation to achieve consensus.
- The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
- Solid understanding of principals, theories and concepts in mechanical, electrical, or software engineering
- Comfortable using hand tools
- Hands on experience with the ability to craft simple proof-of-concept models
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
- Previous working knowledge of project management tools (Gantt charts, document sharing etc.) is a plus.
- Previous work experience – a summer job, internship or fulltime role; if it’s an experience in a related field or business, even better.
- Students enrolled or recently graduated from an MBA are also welcome to apply.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.