Amazon is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students to join our unique world as interns. An Amazon EU internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment. It will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
Operations lies at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we take is driven by our customers, as meeting their expectations is one of our core values.
We are looking for an Intern in Loss Prevention to join our team!
About this opportunity:
The EU Security & Loss Prevention team supports the accomplishment of Amazon EU business targets and the strengthening of our market position and brand, by effectively protecting against relevant threats and by managing security and loss prevention risks.
If you are motivated by results and driven enough to achieve them, Amazon is a great place to be.
Internship in the Security and Loss Prevention team:
We’re looking for brilliant minds like yours that are inquisitive and curious. The EMEA Security & Loss Prevention (S&LP) team acts as a part of the Amazon Global Security Operations organization. More than 200 S&LP professionals are supporting hundreds of operational facilities, covering the entire Amazon supply chain.
Our team designs, implements and manages risk-based security measures, processes and procedures before, during and after the launch of new locations and business models. Our teams’ activities are critical in supporting the business in delivering a world class service through the effective and frugal mitigation of risk and increasing the resilience of all business operations regardless of the type by:
- Identifying and preventing risks and vulnerabilities in a timely manner through detailed analysis and assessment, allowing us to provide effective, scalable and cost efficient risk management strategies tailored to supporting the business vision
- Rapid intervention in unfolding incidents and exposures to minimize any negative impact
- Investigating security related incidents to identify and remove root causes and to prevent reoccurrence within a robust framework of legal and ethical standards
- Establishing, maintaining and continuously improving a secure working environment and facilitating a positive customer experience for our associates by balancing our activities to ensure they are appropriate and relevant to the risk landscape
- Contributing to planning, development and execution of business operations, e.g. secure receive processes or alignment with TAPA standards in terms of both infrastructural as well as procedural settings
Our activities provide a framework to protect our people, assets and products. We ensure scalability, fast response and the development of conclusive metrics, facilitating the accomplishment of Amazon business targets and the strengthening of our brand, the effective protection against relevant threats and the management of risks, exposures and losses. Our service level provided to our internal customers is measured using a Security Performance Management system identifying trends, root causes and providing actionable intelligence, hence being our key tool in developing, establishing and maintaining security excellence.
During your internship, you will be working in the EMEA Security & Loss Prevention team (Security Program Management, Risk and Resilience, Investigation, Supply Chain & Transportation, Amazon Logistics, Amazon Customer Fulfillment) giving you a chance to put your analytical and technical skills to test in support of one or multiple different business units.
First, you’ll find out information about the currently deployed solutions and recommend potential changes and improvements: this is all part of our culture of continuous improvement. Next, you’ll help develop new solutions to be implemented and administered quickly, to which future incremental improvements and increases in scope and functionality can be made.
You will be a key contributor to process development – updating current tools, developing new tools, and training team members. In addition, you’ll be involved in reporting, forecasting and building KPI dashboards that will support an entire business unit in their decision making process. We will educate and coach you on Six Sigma principles and tools.
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
- You are currently working towards a 2+ years university degree in Loss prevention, Security management, Risk Management, Electronic, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, administration of justice, Business Information Technology or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- You’re fluent in MS Excel
- You maintain close attention-to-detail, your approach is always methodical as you build understanding of the bigger picture
- Process improvement experience - You come with the ability to innovate, simplify processes and practices
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to deliver results
- You’re well organized: confident when working in a fast-paced environment, you stay on top of your deadlines and meet them consistently
- You already have clearance to work in the country you are applying for, including any visas that may be required on your part
- The internship will require travelling throughout the EU
- Experience in the security industry
- TAPA experienced/qualified
- French, German, Spanish or Italian language skills are a plus
Our employees’ safety is our top priority and we continue to monitor the global health situation. Because of this, your internship might be based in one of our facilities or it could be delivered virtually. Should it need to be delivered virtually, we have developed a program that ensures you will continue to have a meaningful and positive internship experience.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.