The EIB, the European Union's bank, in the framework of its GRAD programme, is seeking to recruit for its Operations Directorate (OPS) - Global Partners Department (GP) - Latin America and Caribbean-Public Sector Division (GP-1) at its headquarters in Luxembourg a Graduate - Spanish required. This is a full time temporary position.
The term of this contract will be 1 year; as this is a temporary replacement assignment, no extension or conversion of the contract is foreseen.
Panel interviews are anticipated for end of November.
The purpose of this Graduate position is to support the loan officers in the execution of lending operations in the public sector in Latin America and Caribbean regions
The GRAD will work under the supervision of the Head of Division and more senior staff and is responsible for providing inputs and analysis in support of the execution of lending processes, in line with the EIB's guidelines and procedures. This includes supporting the Loan Officers in the Division, and taking responsibility for the following tasks:
- Support to the evaluation of the project and of the credit risk of proposed operations ; this may include coordinating the work of external advisers and the EIB project team
- Assisting with the preparation of loan and technical assistance proposals and blending mechanisms for operations and providing the necessary follow-up for implementation
- Participation, and provision of support to the Loan Officers, at the project appraisal and negotiation stage
- Monitoring the disbursement of funds and the fulfilment of lending conditions for disbursement of projects, in coordination with the Transaction Management and Restructuring Directorate. Follow-up developments of the project, in coordination with PJ
- Provision of analytic, research or other professional support as required
- Provide support in preparation of reports and statistics on the Bank's activities in the region where requested
- University degree in Finance/Economics or a business related discipline
- Some relevant professional experience, preferably gained in an financial institution or international organization
- Good knowledge of financial analysis
- Experience in credit risk assessment would be an asset
- Level 1 CFA would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English and Spanish. Knowledge of Portuguese would be appreciated
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 28th October 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.