The European Investment Fund (EIF) is seeking to recruit for its Strategic Planning & Analysis Division - Financial Planning Unit, at its headquarters in Luxembourg a Trainee.
(Duration: five (5) months & Starting date: November-March 2021)
The internship will focus on enhancing the Activity dashboards in Tableau and on updating the profitability model of EIF mandates.
Under the guidance of his/her Supervisor, s/he will be assigned to the following tasks:
- Support the SPA Team in gathering internal financial data related to EIF’s activity report to be uploaded to Tableau dashboards;
- Participate in the analysis of the financial data and enhance the visualisation;
- Compile previous year’s data and ensure the accuracy of the data in the Tableau dashboards;
- Gather historical mandate data from Business Objects, E-Front and Tableau platforms;
- Perform data sanity checks to improve the data input to new profitability models and reassessment of existing models.
- Updated Tableau dashboards with accurate data including past years;
- Enhance and propose visualisation of financial data to support management decisions;
- Re-assessed profitability models for existing mandates;
- Aggregated mandate portfolio models in Tableau and consistent ex-ante model outcomes.
- University degree (or on-going studies at advanced stage) in a Business, Management Control or Finance related field;
- Knowledge of IFRS standards will be a distinct advantage;
- Understanding of EIF's products;
- Strong knowledge of IT applications (in particular Excel) and data analysis;
- Knowledge of Tableau visualisation tool would be a plus;
- Good financial background;
- Excellent analytical and implementation skills;
- Prior experience in banking/finance and/or familiarity with valuation techniques would be a plus;
- Ease with IT applications and data analyses and presentation;
- Knowledge of accounting and financial concepts;
- Ability to analyse and value businesses, experience in data mining and data management.
- Rigor and sense of detail;
- Good synthesis skills;
- Fluency in English; knowledge of further EU languages considered an asset;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work productively;
- Demonstrate initiative, capability to work autonomously under given objectives and organise own work effectively even under time pressure.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, 27th October 2020
Due to high volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.