The EIB, the European Union's bank, in the framework of its GRAD programme, is seeking to recruit for its Operations Directorate (OPS) – Global Partners (GP) and Neighbouring Countries (NC) Departments – Project Finance Division (PF-GP&NC) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Graduate – Project Finance. This is a full time temporary position.
The term of this contract will be 1 year; as this is a temporary replacement assignment, no extension or conversion of the contract is foreseen.
Panel interviews are anticipated for end of November/beginning of December.
The purpose of this Graduate position is to provide support to the OPS/-/ PF-GP&NC Division, in the area of Project Finance.
Support Loan officers and the manager in fulfilling all tasks related to the lending activity.
In particular, under the supervision of the senior loan officers
- Carry out research to evaluate, at an early stage, the quality and credit worthiness of potential projects and their chance of success
- Perform research on business sectors and markets
- Follow up information and document gathering within the efforts to coordinate the lending process with other Directorates
- Support the preparation of any materials necessary to present structure loan and project proposals
- Carry out document processing for all draft documents relating to the lending / project cycle
- Review project finance documents and financial models
- Draft commercial and project related correspondence following the indications of loan officers
- Follow-up and compile financial and other information as needed
Negotiation of contracts:
- Follow up with relevant services the implementation of negotiated terms and conditions of loan and other project documentation with promoters and other counterparts
- Participate in the organisation of contract signatures
- Implement straightforward document changes in coordination with other EIB Departments with regard to amendments and waivers and document changes
- Participate in following up developments of projects, in coordination with the Projects Directorate
- Assist the loan officers regarding for first disbursements (e.g. review of conditions precedent to first disbursement).
- Support the verification of correctness of inputs and conclusions, in line with applicable guidelines, of regular counterparties financial/credit review as well as of project implementation / contract monitoring carried out by other Departments
Optimisation of operating tools and working methods:
- Ensure correct input of data relating to own area of activity into the management information system in order to contribute to the continuous improvement of working methods and development of products
- Share his/her own information of operations in which he/she is involved with other members of the team in order to enlarge the knowledge of the team
- University degree in Finance, Economics or any related subject
- Knowledge of financial analysis and preferably also in credit risk assessment
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Very good knowledge of English. Good knowledge of French would be an advantage.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 5th November 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.