Hilti Store RepresentativeManchester
Reference No: WD-0002731
What's the role?You'll operate the Hilti Store in Manchester, maximising sales opportunities and being responsible for careful stock control. You will work closely with the field-based sales team, our tool repair workshops and our Customer and Credit Services teams in order to provide our customers with outstanding service, and deliver great results.
Who is Hilti?Unless you work in construction, you probably haven't heard of us. We're a hidden gem.
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the professional construction sector. Our customers are loyal and enthusiastic about us. So are our people.
We regularly win Great Place to Work awards globally and are very proud to have been placed on the Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list in the UK by our employees for the past 10 years.
Hilti offers the best of both worlds – friendly teams locally and roles across the UK combined with the opportunities only a company of 30,000 people spread across 120 countries can bring.
What does the role involve?You will be running the store on a day-to-day basis, where you will be tasked with:
Individual customer service and consultation, including hands-on demonstrations of all the products and services within our range Implementing marketing campaigns with support from the marketing and branding teams Execution and coordination of all processes; e.g. order entry, incoming goods, acceptance of repairs, inventory and cash management Developing existing customer relationships by ensuring you are in regular contact with them by phone Establishing new relationships, using your excellent social and customer service skills
Unusually within retail, the store is only open Monday to Friday, allowing you the chance to develop further in your retail career without the need to work weekends.
Hilti Great Britain is proud to rank in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for 2019.
What do we offer?We really value our people and we've worked hard to develop a competitive reward package that reflects this. Some of the benefits we offer include:
- Genuine career advancement (more than 80% of all leadership roles are filled internally)
- Competitive salary and above-average performance bonus
- 6% employer pension contributions
- Private Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Programme
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays) plus the ability to purchase 5 days more annually
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Hilti Benefits Box, a reward platform offering a cycle to work scheme and shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
Our Head Office is currently based next to Old Trafford but in early 2021 we will move to state of the art new premises at Circle Square in Central Manchester. We will continue to offer free parking for employees and will be located a short walk from Oxford Rd train station and St Peter's Square tram stop.
Why should you apply?We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with no experience. So, if you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Previous retail or customer service experience is preferred
- If you haven't worked in this type of role before, we'd prefer you to have a strong technical background where you are used to using tools and comfortable being hands-on with products
- Strong operational and sales skills
- We use a lot of technology to operate our stores so you'll need to be happy using systems such as SAP and Microsoft Office and proficient in using the internet
Click through the 'Apply Now' button where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a couple of short questions – the whole process should take around 90 seconds. If we like what we see, you'll be invited to complete a short video or telephone interview.
If you need any support with your application please contact .
If we don't have a suitable role for you at the moment, we will keep you in our talent pool for the future so your recruitment process might take a bit longer but we'll be sure to stay in touch.
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”
- James, Customer service representative (sales)