We are expanding our team in Amsterdam!
Are you a smart, ambitious, fluent in Dutch, finance student, to finishing your finance / economics bachelor or master?
This might be your chance to join the October team as our new Finance hero being a full member of our sales and risk management teams.
We are looking for an Intern for a period of 6 months starting from January 2021.
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period.
Why work at October?
We are a European lending platform with offices in The Netherlands, France, Spain, Italy, and Germany.
Our European platform simply means more funding for companies and more diversification opportunities for lenders. French, Spanish, Italian or Dutch SMEs can borrow from French, Spanish, Italian or Dutch lenders: that is unique
At the Amsterdam office, we like to achieve great things as a team, with plenty of autonomy and responsibilities. And, not to forget: Friday's (or Thursday's) after-work drinks (as soon as the COVID-19 situation permits it).
Curious to learn a little more? Meet the Dutch team.
At October we believe that a great culture is fundamental to our success and work by our company values. For example; always improve and enjoy the journey, you can read all about it here:
What will you be doing as an October Intern?
- Be a source of innovation for improving existing processes/tools
- Financial structuring of loan applications
- Help your sales executive with financial modelling of a company’s financials in excel
- Research a client’s business model in relation to the financing request
- Research a client’s compliance with October financing policy
- Assessment of the borrowers’ credit risk: analysis of the financial information, compilation of market information, review of financial and legal audits, client interviews and compliance check.
- Credit underwriting (after approval of the credit committee): preparation of the project description for publication and key figures, implementation of documentation.
- Outstanding monitoring (execution of post closings operations, archiving, reporting, implementation of statistical tools, etc.)
- Financial data market watch using specialized sources of financial information
- Be a source of proposition and innovation for improving existing processes/tools
The required essentials
- Currently enrolled in Masters in Finance, Financial Management, Financial Economics, Majoring with Finance, Financial Accounting and Management or similar domains with finance as specialization
- Available for a minimum of 6 months
- Entrepreneurial/commercial mindset
- Good analytical skills, interpersonal skill and language command
- Being able to read a company Balance Sheet and P&L, good knowledge of Corporate finance
- Academic Finance, Accounting and Economics courses completed at university
- Good ability to translate complex analytical outputs into clear, simple and actionable stories
- Self-starter with a ‘’can-do’’ attitude, curious, eager to learn, motivated, accuracy-driven, details oriented with a structured mind-set
- You have the ability to operate independently and work in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment with a digital mindset
- You will have the opportunity to contribute your ideas, show initiative and help us finance the real economy
- You will learn to independently analyze and assess SME companies, risk modelling and credit underwriting
- Extensive exposure to the day-to-day business of October, with a large variety in the type of loan requests, clients, business models and sectors
- Frequent interaction with clients towards the end of the internship
- Working in a small team, you will have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of modern SME financing and technology, including sales, operations, data analytics, distressed debt, legal aspects, and even IT development
- A dynamic and multicultural working environment
- And of course, a fun team to be part of!
- Monthly intern allowance of €600,-
How to apply
If you feel like you’re the perfect fit to our Amsterdam team, please send your CV and motivation letter in English via BambooHR.
Processing of your personal data
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy