Principal PM ManagerRedmond, Washington, United States
- Redmond, Washington, United States
Save save Principal PM Manager to job cart
- Job number 924402
- Date posted Oct 29, 2020
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Engineering
- Role type People Manager
- Employment type Full-Time
Azure Edge + Platform brings together Edge platforms, devices, and services to deliver Edge solutions, operating systems, Production Infrastructure and Engineering Systems. Driven by its customers’ needs, Azure Edge + Platform seeks to accelerate growth for Azure, E&D, and Microsoft’s customers worldwide.
The organization’s portfolio spans the Cloud Edge Stack, Azure Production Infrastructure and Engineering Systems, Azure Media Services - for end-to-end media workflow and analytics - and Microsoft’s Operating Systems including the Azure Host OS and Windows. This portfolio impressively powers the world with more than one billion monthly active devices.
The Azure Engineering Learning team runs the famous “Azure Engineering Boot Camp” program that trains thousands of engineers and program managers per year transferring into the Azure organization. This team is on the cutting edge of every new Azure offering, Service and Feature, so that it can bring innovative hands-on-labs and training courses to all Azure employees. Beyond Boot Camp, this team organizes and hosts the Cloud Talks technical learning series, the highly acclaimed Azure Daily Minute podcast, and the semi-annual Azure Connect tech fair, and we’re only getting started.
ResponsibilitiesAs the PM Manager for a team of 10 creative and technical Program Managers, you own the vision and execution of the Azure Engineering Learning program. You are responsible for being an excellent people manager leading a highly creative team. You are responsible for delivering training programs at the highest quality, rivaling external offerings exclusively for the consumption of our Azure full-time employees. You will work closely with our engineering teams to develop our learning platform and extend and expand our technical content and labs to keep them fresh and engaging.
As a member of the PM Leadership team you play a vital role in the mission of the team. Responsibilities include:
- Own the vision, strategy and execution of the Azure Engineering Learning program and software platform
- Drive the business results through a focus on objectives and key results, providing clarity to the engineering team and ensuring delivery of high-quality results
- Collaborate with business and support teams to inform long term performance investments strategy
- Engage with students/customers to understand how to improve our offerings
- Maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders across engineering and partner teams
QualificationsRequired Qualifications(Create a bulleted list of 2-3 basic required qualifications.):
- Minimum 7+ years program managing complex technical programs in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to collaborate across teams and across levels of management. Exceptional written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent People Management skills leading an exceptionally talented and creative team
Preferred Qualifications(Create a list of qualifications/skills that could be beneficial to this role but, are not required.):
- Experience leading technical product/program managers developing high scale services and solutions
- Track record of successful delivery from initial strategy to engineering requirements to audience/user adoption
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills (written & oral), and a strong background of influencing others, bias towards action
- Experience with distributed systems / cloud
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent engineering experiences
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Save save Principal PM Manager to job cart