The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking for its Operations Directorate (OPS) - Investment Team for Greece (ITG) - Public Sector Division at its headquarters in Luxembourg: TRAINEE
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 01st March / April 2021)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Albania, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted.
Disclaimer: In the context of the outbreak of Coronavirus, we would like to inform you that the traineeship might take place remotely until further notice. The situation may evolved, we will keep you informed of any modification through the entire recruitment process.
Objective of the traineeship
The overall objective for you is to primarily be involved in collecting and synthesizing data with respect to investment opportunities in Greece and in Cyprus as well as summarizing information with respect to various sources of finance for these projects.
Under the guidance of your Supervisor, you will:
- Support the OPS/ITG team in the data cleaning on project pipelines for the purpose of facilitating investment programming and co-financing with alternative to the EIB sources of finance;
- Support the team with the creation of various presentations and internal notes;
- Support the investment officers with ad hoc requests with specific investment projects.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies or University degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering or related subjects;
- Proven ability in working with databases and monitoring/reporting tools would be an advantage;
- Understanding of EU’s operational framework would be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other EU languages and in particularly Greek, would be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Find out more about EIB core competencies here:https://www.eib.org/en/about/careers/careers-competencies/index-test
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (**)
(**) We particularly welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
Your application may be used for another campaign.
Please note that deadline for application is on the 26th November 2020.
More information on our EIB Traineeship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website; https://www.eib.org/en/about/careers/categories/traineeship-and-graduate.ht