The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking for its Operations Directorate (OPS) - Advisory Services Department (AS) - European PPP Expertise Centre Division (EPEC) at its headquarters in Luxembourg: TRAINEE
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 01st March / April 2021)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Albania, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted.
Disclaimer: In the context of the outbreak of Coronavirus, we would like to inform you that the traineeship might take place remotely until further notice. The situation may evolved, we will keep you informed of any modification through the entire recruitment process.
Objective of the traineeship
The European PPP Expertise Centre (EPEC) has been sharing knowledge and good practice on Public
Private Partnership (PPPs) and providing advice and support to PPPs, both on policy and projects, since 2008. EPEC is part of the Advisory Services of the European Investment Bank. A large number of stakeholders – including EPEC Member countries, the EIB and EC (both EPEC Members), other counterparts in the EU, as well as EU public sector authorities – rely on the high-quality market intelligence and guidance EPEC provides.
EPEC will require from you to support its work in qualitative and quantitative data analysis, thereby adding value to EPEC’s work for Members, including the Bank, public sector practitioners and the general public. This includes gathering data, working with databases, as well as analysing and interpreting findings in relation to the performance of PPPs.
Responsibilities relate mainly to the specific one-off Europe-wide project entitled "PPP Vs Traditional: Comparative Project Performance" which was launched by EPEC in January 2019. The project involves three phases, each one building upon the previous one, with periods of overlap between them.
Your involvement will be primarily related to the second phase of the project which commenced in the first half of 2020 and is still ongoing. Additional work may be related to a few remaining aspects of Phase and the preparation/implementation of Phase III.
Your role will involve the following:
- Engaging with EPEC member countries to assess data availability and suitability;
- Reviewing interim data submissions from EPEC Member countries and undertaking quality checks;
- Engaging with Members on an iterative basis to improve the quality of their submissions;
- Collating and consolidating EPEC Member final data submissions;
- Working with and maintaining the relevant project databases;
- Assisting the analysis of the project data collected;
- Assisting the development of graphical representation of different aspects of the analysis;
- Contributing, on an ad hoc basis, to EPEC's project and policy work, research and analysis of EU PPP market information.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies or University degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Statistics or a related subject;
- Knowledge of and/or experience on any of the financial, economic and technical aspects of PPPs/project finance/complex infrastructure would be advantageous;
- Exposure to working with databases and/or conducting statistical analysis would be an advantage; and
- Good presentation and communication skills would be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), particularly Excel;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English;
- Excellent command of spoken and written French would be an advantage;
Find out more about EIB core competencies here: https://www.eib.org/en/about/careers/careers-competencies/index-test
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (**).
(**) We particularly welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
Your application may be used for another campaign.
Please note that deadline for application is on the 26th November 2020.
More information on our EIB Traineeship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website; https://www.eib.org/en/about/careers/categories/traineeship-and-graduate.htm