The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking for its Operations Directorate (OPS) - Central and South Eastern Europe Department (CSEE) - Public Sector Division (CSEE-3) at its headquarters in Luxembourg: TRAINEE
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 01st March / April 2021)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Albania, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted.
Disclaimer: In the context of the outbreak of Coronavirus, we would like to inform you that the traineeship might take place remotely until further notice. The situation may evolved, we will keep you informed of any modification through the entire recruitment process.
Objective of the traineeship
The objective of your traineeship is to support CSEE lending activity by:
- The identification of new public sector financing opportunities in Romania by undertaking initial screening of regional and local authorities and of public utilities (public sector counterparts) from a project and credit perspectives. It is expected from you to closely follow the market, analyse the available financial information and prepare reports with a view to project and debt capacity of the public sector counterparts;
- Searching on the Romania's new MFF priorities to be able to identify investments associated to those.
- The development of documentation concerning EIB activities in Central and South East European; countries by collecting internal and external data, market information and adapting/synthetizing for the purpose of commercial or promotional presentations.
Under the supervision of the Head of Division and Senior Loan officers, you will assist the team in:
- Screening the potential clients of the Bank, local and regional authorities, as well as public utilities from a project and debt capacity perspective;
- Prepare reports on investments priorities in the new MFF;
- Development of promotional documentation for EIB activities in Central and South East European countries.
Your main tasks will be:
- Research and gather relevant information of the market;
- Analyse project related and financial information;
- Initial screening and prioritisation from a project and debt capacity perspective;
- Prepare reports on the public sector market in Romania (regional and local authorities as well as public utilities);
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies or University degree in a Finance or Business discipline;
- Experience in researching relevant information;
- Ability to understand and analyse Budgets and generally financial reporting of the public sector counterparts ( local authorities and utilities);
- Experience in working with large data samples; data management;
- Excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other European languages, in particular Romanian would be an advantage.
Find out more about EIB core competencies here: https://www.eib.org/en/about/careers/careers-competencies/index-test
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (**).
(**) We particularly welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
Your application may be used for another campaign.
Please note that deadline for application is on the 26th November 2020.
More information on our EIB Traineeship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website; https://www.eib.org/en/about/careers/categories/traineeship-and-graduate.htm