The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking for its Operations Directorate (OPS) - Equity, New Products and Special Transactions Department (ENPST) - Infrastructure & Climate Finance Division (ENPST-1/ICFIN) - New & Special Finance Solutions Unit (NSFS) at its headquarters in Luxembourg: TRAINEE
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 01st March / April 2021)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Albania, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted.
Disclaimer: In the context of the outbreak of Coronavirus, we would like to inform you that the traineeship might take place remotely until further notice. The situation may evolved, we will keep you informed of any modification through the entire recruitment process.
Objective of the traineeship
ENPST-1 develops new products and special transactions in the infrastructure and climate sector with a specific focus on innovative projects in the fields of energy system transformation, new low-carbon transportation mode, decarbonized energy-intensive industries, circular economy. Our purpose is to support the energy and ecological transition that is high on the Climate agenda of EIB and needed by our society. For that, we need to develop new products that address investment hurdles and to support concrete projects.
You will support the Investment Officers of the division, gaining exposure to the project cycle and assist in the deployment of new products.
Under the supervision of the Head of Division, the Head of Unit and senior colleagues, you will actively participate in the Division’s core activities. Your main tasks will be:
- Support Investment Officers in the origination / appraisal / negotiation / monitoring of their projects and associated tasks;
- Prepare pitches and other marketing materials (division strategy, product presentation...);
- Contribute to the development and management of management information system (leads, eligibility checks, approval processes...);
- Actively participate in the set up of new products and the development of new initiatives under the supervision of Investment Officers, HoU or HoD.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies or University degree in Economics/Finance/Engineering or any related studies;
- A first experience in finance (equity, project finance) and/or infrastructure (energy, transport, circular economy) will be considered as an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of any other EU language would be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Find out more about EIB core competencies here: https://www.eib.org/en/about/careers/careers-competencies/index-test
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (**).
(**) We particularly welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
Your application may be used for another campaign.
Please note that deadline for application is on the 26th November 2020.
More information on our EIB Traineeship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website; https://www.eib.org/en/about/careers/categories/traineeship-and-graduate.htm