Ecolab is seeking a Food Safety and Service Manager to join our Food & Beverage Technical team to lead the transformation of our business with the aim of offering an excellent support to our customers on their Food Safety challenges.
Flexible Location: to an Ecolab location anywhere in Europe
What’s in it For You:
- The opportunity to take a lead role on an absolute top priority for our Division and help adapting the way we work.
- The chance to make a direct impact and manage the team that will support our Food and Beverage customers to overcome the challenges in Food Safety: safe production and food contamination, effective cleaning, and disinfecting procedures, data gathering and use to anticipate potential issues.
- The chance to join a dynamic, ambitious Technical Management team tasked with delivering business growth, innovation, and value to our customers across the Food and Beverage division.
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best.
What You Will Do:
- Lead, manage, train and retain a team consisting of Food Safety Specialists and Technical Excellence Specialists experts in the Food & Beverage industry across the European region, who provide value-added and technical support services to our customers and field sales/service personnel.
- Specifically, this team provides support in the following areas:
- Hygiene Management System to help our customers delivering safe food to end consumers.
- Audits to help them being compliance with food hygiene regulations.
- Training for internal Food and Beverage personnel and customers.
- Validation/Verification programs and tools to ensure that cleaning systems and programs are running correctly following the key parameters.
- Webinars/Workshops on specific Food Safety topics to be organized in each cluster in conjunction with the Marketing Segment teams.
- Development of new Digital Tools to enable the deployment of our Food Safety program across all customers and sectors.
- Laboratory tests to reproduce cleaning issues that our customers faced in order to find the right cleaning procedure.
- Troubleshooting customer sanitation and related problems, including food product quality and microbial safety concerns.
- Provide our team with leadership, training and support enabling the roll out and adoption of new innovations and tools.
- Advocate ways to improve our service capabilities through your team, ensuring that we are effective in Creating, Capturing and Communicating value (3 C). Personally addressing the most challenging customer requests via on-site visit and/or remote troubleshooting.
- Creating a culture of collaboration amongst the Technical Excellence Specialist to foster best practice sharing, innovation, and efficiency.
- Work closely with the rest of the Technical Team Leaders, Marketing, Innovation and R&D colleagues to develop the future generations of tools, products and services to our Food & Beverage customers.
- Manage multiple high-visibility projects simultaneously in various phases of development and ensures that quality standards are maintained for assigned projects.
- Analyses team findings, contributes to and directs the preparation, presentation, and follow-up of technical service activities.
- Prepares and presents formal presentations at executive briefings.
- Stay current on news, trends and best practices in the Food & Beverage Market and understand impact on Ecolab product line and business. Develop and maintain Food Safety conversations with food equipment suppliers, food processor groups, professional associations, regulatory agencies and academic groups.
- Promotes the Ecolab Culture – Safety is our priority, maintains a positive outlook, team spirit and overall represents the Ecolab Culture in a positive manner to the industry.
- Bachelor or M. S. degree in Microbiology, Engineering, Dairy/Food Science, or Physical Sciences.
- Professional experience incl. working in the field with customers in the Food and Beverage Market.
- Experience and proven success managing cross-country teams. Preferred candidate will have shown strong skills in communication, motivating teams, problem-solving, accountability, ability to have crucial conversations, organizational development, priority setting, gaining trust and honesty.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Project.
- Written and spoken English.
- Willingness to travel 30-50% of the time.
- Willingness and ability to occasionally workdays, nights, overnights, and weekends.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- To have experience/network within Food & Beverage organizations, Universities, external bodies, associations.
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership skills, setting vision and strategy, planning, critical thinking, orchestrating cross-functionally, overseeing multiple project elements and proven track record of results.
- Ability to influence people and projects in a complex organizational structure; strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, good attention to detail and use of sound judgment in a fast-paced environment are essential.
- Must have demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- Willingness to travel as required to drive execution of the above.
Our Commitment to Diversity and InclusionAt Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.