Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
SummaryPosted: Dec 1, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Our group is responsible for implementing and managing leading edge applications including Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Enterprise Data Services (EDS), and software archival and distribution platform (New File Archive - NFA). We passionately contribute towards large high-impact projects that serve key Apple lines of business. The IS&T Product Engineering Systems group is seeking a Software Engineer to help design, develop and support high quality enterprise software solution that provides a rich UI, RESTful API, and command line interface for archival and distribution of Apple’s Software. We are looking for a self motivated, detail oriented, energetic individual with excellent communication skills.
Key Qualifications Key Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in the design and development of large applications using Java/Java EE technologies.
- Strong object oriented design & development experience
- Experience developing and delivering RESTful application services and APIs on the Java platform
- Strong experience in Spring framework
- Knowledge of Object Storage like AWS S3 is a plus
- Experience with Data Modeling, SQL, and RDBMS such as Oracle
- Experience working with Cocoa/Objective C, Swift, OS X and iOS is a definite plus
- Familiarity with OS X, Linux, Shell Scripts, Perl and Python
- Exposure to containerization technologies is a definite plus
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process and tools
- Familiarity with source control systems such as GitHub and build tools like Jenkins and Maven
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
Join the IS&T Product Engineering Systems team as a Software Engineer where you will help build innovative enterprise software applications. Your responsibilities include working with the business stakeholders to define the project requirements; develop architecture and detail design; implement and take ownership of release cycles. You must be able to work with cross-functional teams within IS&T and business groups. You must be able to operate with minimal directions with on-time results. This is a developer role with exciting opportunities for learning that will also leverage your coding, debugging, leadership, and inter-personal skills as you work with other team members.
Education & Experience Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Additional Requirements Additional Requirements